Chapter 21

A/n

HOPE YOU LIKE

I woke up in my bed.Was it all a dream?No because everything was true it had happened. A bunch of people were surrounding my bed.

"Where's Josh?" Was all I said.

"Here,"He was sitting on the edge of my bed.

"What happened?"

"You passed out because you were so scare of...of....Mike."My mother choked out before she started to cry. "I'm so sorry, we didn't believe you!"She blubbered.

I was stunned. "It's okay?"

Josh looked at me sadly,as if he was as confused as I was.

I moved my leg that was in a cast. It felt lighter. It was in a boot!

"Why is my foot in a boot now?"I asked weakly. When we took you to the hospital the doctors put you in a boot."Alex chimed in.

"How long was I out?"

"A few hours,"Josh scooted closer to me and felt my left cheek. I winced. That was were Mike hit me.

"Is it bruised?"I whispered. Josh nodded and pulled me into a hug. "I'm so sorry I wasn't there in time I should've came faster I was just so stunned..."Josh rambled.

"You came and got me?""

"Yeah as soon I saw the video we went out to find you and Mike.The cops arrived before me and they caught Mike and made sure you were fine until I took you to the hospital."

I nodded. In awe and in shock. That all this happened but the fact that Josh saved me was sweet of him and showed how much he truly cares about me and he was there with me until the beginning of this mess.I hugged Josh tightly.

At that point I didn't care who saw,I kissed Josh,like There was no one watching.

After a few seconds of kissing we were interrupted by Jack ."People are in here you know!"I looked around my room. It was filled with my parents,Jack,Alex,Matt,some other family members,and Josh's parents.They all stared at us in shock.

I looked at Josh who clear wanted to talk to be about something.

"Thank you so much for coming everyone that means a lot!But can I talk to Josh for a second."I chirped.

"Yeah,talk."Matt snickered and then the all filed out.

Josh shut the door. "What?"His blue eyes had a distant look.

"You looked like you needed to tell me something."I shrugged.

"I.....Danny why did you send that video to your whole contacts?"That clearly wasn't what Josh wanted to say.

I gave him a look. "It was the quickest,now back to you!"

"You know I love you right?"Josh asked.

I nodded.

"Well Ummm,no one else has the guts to tell you this but ,they didn't arrest Mike...His parents bailed him out.But don't worry you safe."

I shivered in fear,I tried to play it if like it was a cold chill but since I am a bad actress that didn't work. Josh pulled me into a comforting hug. "It's okay,I get it."Josh rubbed me back. "I won't let him hurt you I promise,I love you."

Josh cooed.

"But what if he comes for me!"I cried.

"He won't he has a parol officer.Since he did multiple crimes."Josh reassured me.

"I just know realized that."I had a stiff laugh. It sounded forced. Well,it was forced.

"Danny,its okay you don't have to hide that your hurt. I get it,"

"I don't wanna seem like a downer."I muttered.

"I know,but hey you aren't you just need some time."

I nodded. I got up out of bed,it felt a bit weird to walk in a boot because it was much lighter than a cast. I stumbled but Josh quickly caught me.

He held me a second to long,I blushed. "Thanks,"

Josh nodded.

I don't know why things have gotten so awkward between me and Josh. Maybe it was the fact that Mike had tried to ruin my life. I have no idea but I needed to find it out and soon before everything came crashing down.