"You thought it was a date!"

Before we start quick shoutout to @jennyfio8 for this idea!💗___________________________________

___________________________________

     "Of course I need help picking out what to wear! Steve Harrington just asked me out on a date!" I yelled desperately into the phone. Cassie was on the other line, likely pacing the room and recalling every outfit I had in my closet.

"Okay okay calm down. Let's think cute but casual, fun but sophisticated, sexy but sweet." She replied nervously.

"Damn it Cassie I don't have a production crew to assist me at the ready!" I answered shuffling through the clothes in my closet.

"Y/n calm down, this is supposed to be exciting. We're going to get you in a cute ass outfit and then you're going to make Steve Harrington fall in love with you." She assured and I chuckled at her sudden mood change.

"Sorry Cass, I'm just nervous."

"But excited?"

"Definitely."

"Then let's do this, I'll be right over."

*****one hour and a cute ass fit later****
                      (See outfit above)

"Perfect, you look amazing. Now go get him." Cassie cheered happily. Some makeup, many outfit options, and one dance party later I was putting on my shoes and walking out the door at the sound of a car horn. My outfit was cute but simple just as planned. Consisting of a long sleeve white shirt and a blue overall dress and converse. I didn't wanna look like I tried too hard, so after much debate I decided I was happy with the outfit.

I hopped into the passengers seat earning a smile from the boy next to me.

"Hey, you look nice." He complimented with a tint of confusion in his tone. I quirked an eyebrow at him and jumped at the sound of a voice in the backseat.

"What's up with the dress?" Is that? No it can't-this was a date right?

"Oh, hi Mike. Hey boys" I greeted confusedly my cheeks reddening at the rest of the four boys in the back. They grinned madly at my apparent blush as Steve smiled unknowingly beside me.

"She thought it was a date!" Lucas accused from next to a chuckling Dustin. My eyes went wide at his statement but I rolled my eyes with a scoff to hide my inner shit show.

"Sure I did, what I can't look nice?" I defended crossing my arms.

"For who?" Dustin teased as the three boys chuckled beside him.

"For myself shithead." I responded narrowing my eyes at the four of them.

"Hey, hey shut it dickheads keep talking about prisons and unicorns." Steve ordered earning exasperated sighs from the four teens.

"Dungeons and Dragons!" They corrected angrily to my amusement.

"Whatever!" Steve replied just as loud.

I sat back in my seat and the car was mostly silent.

"So, what were you thinking for a restaurant y/n, Italian or Chinese?" Lucas asked from the back seat and I whipped my head towards the back seats with a glare. The boys laughed obnoxiously and Steve offered me an apologetic smile. Running a hand through his hair with flushed cheeks.

"We're actually going to the movies, but I figured you might wanna tag along." Steve explained and I nodded. Tag along. I nodded at this, suddenly getting an idea at the mention of the movies.

"Glad I dressed up then, Ben Jacobs works there!" I exclaimed happily as the five boys in the car whipped their heads toward me.

"Who's that?" They all questioned in unison and I choked back a laugh.

"Nobody really, just this cute guy I know. We were lab partners last year and Cassie's been telling me he's s been wanting to ask me out." I lied through a happy expression as the group furrowed their eyebrows and looked to each other.

"Would you say yes? Y-you know if he asked you out." Steve asked seeming a bit nervous.

"Yeah he's really sweet." I responded and the brunette beside me bit his lip in frustration. Roughly drumming his fingers on the steering wheel as I spoke.

We pulled into the theater and the boys tumbled out of the vehicle in a flash. Discussing how much money they had scrounged up and what snacks they could buy for the movie. I grinned at their antics as Steve caught up to me by the doorway.

"So this Ben kid, he was your lab partner last year?" I nodded and searched the theater for the familiar dark haired boy behind the snack counter.

"Have I seen him around? What's he like?"

"Well he plays football, he's the quarterback and he's pretty good. He's really smart and actually really easy to tal- why do you want to know so much Harrington?" I interrupted myself with a quirked eyebrow. Steve was searching the theater with furrowed brows looking almost angry as I spoke.

"Just interested. I've never heard of him before, but he kinda sounds like a cliche." He muttered and I crossed my arms in defense.

"He's a good guy Steve, just wait til yo- oh there he is!" I shouted as I walked quickly towards the tall black haired boy behind the popcorn counter.

"Ben, I really need your help. Can you do me a favor?" In all honesty, Ben Jacobs was a good friend of mine. We were lab partners last year, but we were just good friends and that was it. Neither of us saw the other in that way. Most of what I said was true about the boy...His dark hair, intelligence, and athleticism were all true features and characteristics. I just left out the part where we had a completely platonic friendship and might gag at the thought of kissing the other. But that was a minor detail that Harrington didn't need to know. I could see Dustin and the other boys staring at the two of us. Dustin shaking his head and muttering something about Steve being an idiot. I ignored them and continued my conversation with a confused Ben.

"What's up y/n, everything okay?" The boy asked as he stepped aside from the register to let his coworker take over.

"I'm good, I just need you to flirt with me in front of Steve." I motioned to the teenager who was currently in a heated discussion with Dustin. Ben narrowed his eyes at him before looking back to me.

"Why, is he bothering you?" He questioned in an angry tone and I shook my head vigorously. Fearing Ben thought the worst of Harrington's intentions I quickly replied.

"No, no of course not. But Dustin and the boys think I like Steve. Which isn't necessarily a false statement but that's not the point. I'm not sure if he likes me back and I can't look like an idiot so-"

"So instead of being mature and telling the guy you like him you want me to flirt with you to see if he gets jealous?" Ben finished with an amused smirk and I rolled my eyes.

"Listen I don't need to be lectured here. Can you do me this favor?"

"Seems like I don't have a choice." Ben replied motioning his head behind me. Steve was walking towards us and I turned my head back to Ben with a nervous expression.

"God I hope this works."
____________________________________

Hey so I hop you liked the outfit description and picture for this one. When I used to read imagines back in the day it'd be like blue converse with a blue beanie and a blue dress lmao. I wanted to incorporate some modern trends into the 80s vibe so I hope it looks okay. Also I used converse because they were kinda in at the time I believe but ik that's a trend from middle school so sorry lol. Let's hope it looks as sick as it does in my head. Thank you all for the sweet comments btw they're awesome!

-Jackie🖤