"Feeling kinda dizzy"

*warning contains some teen drinking and mentions of sexual assault/harassment*
*************************************************

Music blared throughout the house. The air was pungent with sweat and alcohol. The atmosphere was happy and exciting. I was at yet another party with my friends. some of them were dancing, others were playing beer pong and flip cup. I observed them happily, people watching with my best friend Violet on the couch.
"Oh shit Vanessa Simmons is about to hook up with Tyler Montgomery." Violet nudged me excitedly at the scenes unfolding in front of us. I playfully rolled my eyes at her. Maneuvering my head through the crowd of dancing teens to look at the pair.
"Violet he's just walked up to her. There's no way." I replied and she huffed confidently.
"Wanna bet? Look I have a sixth sense about this shit. She's gonna flirt and he's gonna whisper in her ear, and then they'll stride off into the distance only to commit the walk of shame tomorrow morning." I laughed at her banter, but quickly stopped when Violets predictions started to unfold in front of me. My jaw slightly dropped, and I could see from the corner of my eye she had crossed her arms and leaned back against the couch in triumph. I was
about to make a snarky comment to her when Jake Rivera walked in front of both of us. I had not only seen him in a few of my classes, but heard about his Pervy advances on other girls I knew. My stomach churned at the sight of him, but I raised my shoulders in confidence when he stopped in front of us.
"Ladies, looking good tonight." He chimed and I could practically feel Violet rolling her eyes from beside me.
"Get lost Rivera, go cream your pants somewhere else." She muttered and I stifled a laugh from beside her. He narrowed his eyes at us before stumbling off. My friend Maeve shot me a look of concern from the beer pong table, but I gave her a look to signify we were fine. She nodded and turned back to the game.

The party was still in high spirits, and I killed time by dancing a bit and talking with my friends. I had only a bit to drink, and even though I wasn't driving I stopped after feeling a bit buzzed. I knew to be careful about parties, so I made sure to call out to Violet when I had to use the bathroom. She followed me and sat on the sink counter as I washed my hands.
"I'm gonna go get a soda, you good here?" I nodded to reassure her I was fine. "Cool, meet me in the kitchen when you're done." She ordered.
"Okay, Ill be out in a sec." She nodded and walked out the bathroom door. The music blared and then became muffled once more as she made her exit. I could tell I was fine, at junior year you definitely learn your limit. My friends would kill me if I ever went too far at parties, and I smiled at the thought of them. Already missing those shitheads, I quickly dried off my hands and made my way out of the bathroom and down the hallway back to where everyone was. A tall figure bumped into me and I stumbled back an bit. He steadied me with his hands on my hips, and I quickly pushed them off.
"What's a pretty girl like you doing over here all alone. You're missing all the fun." The boy stated quietly and my heart pounded at the menacing voice. Jake Rivera....The smell of beer and heavy breathing from him was enough to tell me he was a lot more intoxicated from the last time I saw him.

"You're right, I am missing out and would appreciate it if you let me get back to it." I angrily replied and he chuckled.

"Don't go so soon, I just got here." He slurred and I tried to move around him. He stepped in front of me and I immediately felt more panic rise within me.

"Get away,leave me the fuck alone." My voice was getting louder now and he muffled it with his hands. Backed against the wall and stuck between it and his body. I did whatever I could to get away from him. I knew his intentions and figured I was going to fight tooth and nail long enough for someone to need the bathroom and come see us. I kneed him in the groin and he groaned in pain, letting me go and hunching over slightly. I rushed to get away from him but he pulled my arm back to him. I was pulled back into his chest and he glared down at me. Tears began to form in my eyes out of fear and frustration but I blinked them away. I wasn't going to let him see me weak, so I squirmed in his arms to try and escape his grip once more. He backed me into the wall again and I tried to yell for help but I doubted people could hear over the music.