"I need your help"

My bedroom was silent, apart from the record playing softly on my dresser

      My bedroom was silent, apart from the record playing softly on my dresser. I hummed contently to the Fleetwood Mac songs as they spun around on the record player. I had decided to finally start the book I had been meaning to read for two weeks. I had picked it up two hours ago and had yet to put it down. The clock beside me read 4:00am, but sleep wasn't overcoming me anytime soon.

I jumped at a sudden knock on my window. It was faint, but the continuous tapping was no figment of my late night imagination. "What the hell?" I whispered as I set my book down.  I slowly stepped off my bed and crept towards my window. But a familiar bushy head of hair had me releasing a sigh of relief and letting the late night visitor inside.

"What the fuck Harrington it's 4:00am!" I scolded as the boy clambered inside.

"Sorry, I need your help. I was gonna call you but I really didn't have time to go all the way back home and I figured you'd be asleep anywa-" He looked at the book on my bed before interrupting himself.

"Are you seriously reading right now?" He questioned teasingly and I huffed in annoyance.

"Yeah you should try it sometime shithead. Fill that airhead of a brain for once." I interrupted myself this time "What the hell happened to your face?"

"Harsh." He grimaced at my shocked face. Now that he had stepped into the light, I could see his badly swollen and bruised features.

"What the hell happened?" I repeated quietly  as my fingers ghosted over his injuries. He wrapped a hand around my wrist to keep me from touching him as he walked towards my bathroom.

"Billy Hargrove," He muttered as I followed him.

"Jesus Christ Steve really? As if Jonathan Byers hadn't been warning enough for you to not pick fights? How long ago was this?" I scolded him further as I rummaged through the cabinets above my bathroom mirror.

"Hey, hey, slow down I didn't pick this fight. And Jonathan sucker punched me so I was totally unprepared. Can you not bring up my ex girlfriends current fling beating my ass? I'm injured and you're not helping."

"Right, sorry." I mumbled as I reached for the first aid kit. He leaned over me and retrieved the box before handing it to me.

"So, the crazy new kid beat your ass? How long ago?" I continued and he rolled his eyes at my first comment.

"Okay I got a few good hits in. It was... I don't know three hours ago?" My eyes widened at his answer and he ran a hand through his hair in distress.

"Listen it's a long story and I'm tired. So can you please help?" He whined and motioned to the aid kit in my hands. I nodded and he grabbed my hips and lifted me to sit on the counter casually. I ignored the sudden rush of heat to my cheeks and began digging through the box to find the right supplies.

"Okay, it might hurt a bit. But if you scream like a little bitch baby my parents are gonna hear so try and suck it up." He glared at me before replying.

"Just put on the damn medicine asshole." He groaned beside me and I stifled a laugh at his annoyed state. His hands were on either side of me supporting himself on the counter. And I began to feel my heart race at our close proximity.

" Ouch, son of a bitch!" He seethed through gritted teeth as I padded a cotton ball with peroxide to the gash on his forehead. I winced at his reaction and opened one eye slowly to see if he would let me continue. He nodded and I did my best to clean the wounds, with the occasional sharp intake of breathe from the brunette before me.

I placed my left hand on the back of his neck so I could apply the disinfectant cream to his wounds. I was so focused on fixing the cuts I hadn't realized his hands had moved to my hips. I dabbed some softly on the small cut on his swollen lip, his breath hitched slightly and I looked up to his eyes for reassurance.

"Okay?" I whispered. He nodded slightly, and took a step forward to close off even more space between us. I was sure my neighbors could hear my heart palpitations from two houses over. His eyes flickered down to my lips before meeting my eyes once more. The silent air between us was filled with tension. Something I couldn't quite describe.

"It's like before it's gonna storm. You can't see it but you can feel it, like this...Electricity."

His hand that was on my hip moved to my cheek, and in a flash he had closed the space between us with his lips meeting mine. My stomach erupted into butterflies and wide smiles spread on both of our faces as we kissed. I softly pulled away, and I playfully rolled my eyes at the infamous smirk on his face. I bit my bottom lip to contain my smile, but that only seemed to edge him on more. His eyes flickered down to my lips once again, but I put my hand on his chest to stop any further advances.

"Easy there Romeo you smell like blood and ointment." I teased and he groaned before letting his forehead fall onto mine.

"Leave it to y/l/n to ruin a perfectly romantic moment." Steve mumbled and I grinned before patting his cheek and hoping off the counter. I plopped onto my bed and yawned as he laid down beside me.

"I still can't believe you were reading before I got here." Steve laughed as I gripped a pillow from beside me and whacked it towards him. He caught it before it  hit his face and tugged it from my grasp. I yelped and I attempted to scurry off the bed before he pulled me towards him by the ankle, whacking the pillow onto my face with a laugh. I desperately reached for the other pillow above my head before he pinned my wrists down with a smirk.

"What ya gonna do now?" He shot me a wink along with his devilish smirk and I narrowed my eyes at him before grinning.

"If Jonathan Byers can beat your ass than I totally can."

____________________________________

Just wanted to say a quick thank you to all who are reading or voting! Love you bitches!

-Jackie💗