" Completely Cliche" Pt. 2

Just wanted to say another quick thank you to everyone supporting this story. I never thought my hormonal ass was going to make stories at 3am people actually read. So thank you for every vote, comment, and read! Also to everyone adding this to their reading lists. You guys are amazing!💗
_______________________________

       "Okay you can do this, we're fine

"Okay you can do this, we're fine. It's fine, you're just gonna go up to her and tell her you love her." Steve rambled nervously to himself seemingly stuck to the drivers seat. Parked a block down from y/n's house too afraid to pull into the driveway without giving himself a pep talk first. Which by the way wasn't really helping. But I'm just the narrator, how could I know if the kid was practically pissing himself?
"Jesus Christ don't be such a woose." Steve continued to fidget in place. He had never been this anxious about...Well, anything. Fighting a demadog seemed suddenly minuscule in comparison to this moment. When he told Nancy he loved her it never seemed this difficult. Maybe it was because they were both naive then. Caught up in all the hormones to actually recognize their catastrophic differences. But this was real, all too real for the boy who scooped ice cream for a living.
Getting a surge of courage, Steve pulled into the driveway and let out a shaky breath. Seeing as planning was only making him more nervous, he stepped out of his car and made his way to her roof. The front door seemed foreign to him, the girls' second floor window much more appealing to the teenage 'ninja.' Clambering up the side of the house and shuffling towards her window. He peeked inside.
She was at her desk, doodling absent-mindedly and humming to the music playing softly on her record player. Steve grinned happily upon seeing the girl, forgetting why he even came to her house in the first place. Snapping out of his trance he figured he looked like a creep smiling madly at the unknowing teen in front of him. So with a deep breath he tapped lightly on the window.

*First Person POV*

I jumped at a tapping on my window, surprised by the abrupt sound interrupting my music. I glared at the bushy brown head of hair between my curtains. I hesitantly walked over to my window and threw it open, met with the cool night air and my douchebag of a boyfriend.
"What do you want Harrington?" I questioned dryly, guilt coursing through me at the sight of his saddened expression.

"Y/n, sweetie, honey, best friend in the whole wid-"

"Enough." I interrupted coldly at his attempt to make me laugh. His small grin faded at my interruption, and I stepped to the side to let him in.

"Listen y/n I was a real asshole. I'm sorry for pulling you out of the party like that. I should have told you how I felt about you flirting with him an-"

"Flirting?" Ohhhh shit

"N-no not flirting I meant talking."

"Then why would you say flirting?" Steve's eyes slightly narrowed at my questioning. Seemingly frustrated with how the conversation was going.