Chapter 33

Jimin didn't know why Taeyong was coming after them like this. He didn't do anything to the tiger hybrid, and he was pretty sure that Jungkook didn't do anything either. It didn't make sense to him. Was Taeyong really as bad as Jungkook said he was? When he worked with Taeyong, the tiger hybrid was nothing but polite. The only thing that ruined the experience for him was the fact that he wasted thousands of dollars on a project that Taeyong cancelled.

That night, he couldn't sleep. Jungkook was exhausted, and he knew that. It made him think about his relationship with Jungkook. They just started getting closer, but now Taeyong was coming after them. Could they even have a break? They've gone through obstacle after obstacle and Jimin wondered how much more was waiting for them in the future. He was sure that Jungkook was tired of all the shit thrown their way. Even he was.

He sighed quietly. He just wanted a normal relationship with Jungkook. He knew about the prophecy that the gods had placed on both him and Jungkook. Jimin wished that the gods could go easy on the two of them. He didn't know how much more of this shit he could take. Taeyong was strong, anyone with a functioning brain knew that. Jimin had no clue what kind of allies Jungkook had except for TXT and Got7.

If Jungkook only had TXT and Got7 on his side, Jimin knew that they were definitely screwed. Taeyong had all of Korea on his side, maybe even further than that. That was just how powerful Taeyong was. At the snap of the finger, Taeyong could destroy his company if he wished to. His fans were powerful too, some of them coming from rich, influencial families. Jimin saw online that some people had bought an entire planet just for Taeyong. It was insane.

Thinking further, he thought about the influencial friends Jungkook had. Got7 were the most famous, strongest group of hackers in Korea. Maybe even in the entire world. Namjoon and Seokjin were by far the most popular friends that Jungkook had. Everyone loved Namjoon and Seokjin. Namjoon and Seokjin had connections all the way in America and Europe. Taehyung, Hoseok and Yoongi weren't to be messed with either. They were all successful, influencial hybrids based in Korea.

For some reason, they all listened to Jungkook. It was as if Jungkook was the person who led them. Jungkook wasn't weak either. He definitely wasn't weak if he was able to overthrow the entire human population two thousand years ago. Jimin shuddered at the thought of Jungkook commiting crimes. It was likely, but Jimin couldn't imagine Jungkook doing something like that. Not when Jungkook was the sweetest person he's ever met.

Sometime during the night, Jimin drifted off to sleep. He was a bit afraid to sleep after predicting his death in that nightmare, but he would always end up falling asleep anyway. The next morning, Jimin woke up to multiple birds outside his window chirping loudly. Groaning, he got up. He looked at the clock beside him. It was still 7:30 am. He put on the robe beside his bed and went downstairs to make breakfast for him and Jungkook.

While he made the food, he ran into Taehyun, who was sweating and going through the fridge for a bottle of water. "Hey Taehyun, do you know how to use darts?" Jimin asked randomly. Taehyun turned to him, looking at him weirdly. "Yes. Why do you ask?" Jimin fidgeted with two of his fingers before replying nervously. "I, uh, want to learn how to use darts." Taehyun's eyes widened at Jimin's words.

"What was that?" He asked, not believing what Jimin just said. He hoped that it was just his ears playing tricks with him. "I want to learn how to use darts." Jimin said, this time with more confidence. Taehyun thought about it for a moment before replying. "Fine, I'll teach you on one condition. You can't ever tell Jungkook that I taught you or else he'll kill me." Taehyun said. Jimin nodded. "It's not like he'll ever find out anyway."

Taehyun narrowed his eyes at Jimin, but didn't say anything. Jimin just went back to making breakfast happily, not noticing that Taehyun's eyes were narrowed at him. "I'll stop by your company at 12. I'll bring some materials with me so we can practice." Taehyun informed before he went back to working out in the gym. Jimin was slightly jealous of Taehyun's strong, well-built body. It was every man's ideal body, and Taehyun had it at an extremely young age.

He shook it off and went back on focusing on the food he was making. Just as he was about to wonder why Taeyong would do such a thing, he remembered the things Jaehyun had told him months ago. He had forgotten all about it. He remembered the things Jaehyun had said about Taeyong. Jimin facepalmed. He couldn't believe he had forgotten such crucial information about Taeyong. Jaehyun was right, Taeyong was a completely different person behind the cameras.

Jimin assumed that the Taeyong he saw was just the mask Taeyong wore while in public. No one except for a few people knew about Taeyong's true personality. Now, he was one of those few people who knew. He clenched his fist. He couldn't believe that Taeyong would be willing to hurt so many people just to attack Jungkook. He even included Jaehyun into this mess, a person who was completely innocent.

If Jaehyun hadn't told him anything, he wouldn't have ever suspected Taeyong of anything bad. He knew that he could trust the words of his best friend, a person who rarely lied, especially when it comes to important information like this. Jaehyun had no reason to lie to him about Taeyong. Jaehyun had already admitted that he was in love with Taeyong for years. Of course he would want the best for Taeyong.

If he had asked Johnny, Sicheng or Ten, they would've exaggerated how bad Taeyong actually was. On the other hand, Yuta would just try to make excuses for Taeyong saying he 'just has a bad personality nowadays.' Only Jaehyun would tell him the whole truth about Taeyong without excusing him or making him seem like a villain. To Jimin, he felt a bit betrayed. He didn't even know Taeyong that well, but he felt like the entire image he had of Taeyong was shattered the moment Jaehyun told him about Taeyong's true personality.

If he felt betrayed, he couldn't imagine how Yuta felt. Yuta had told him about how Taeyong beat him and Sicheng for escaping that one time. Jimin knew that Yuta loved Sicheng, everyone with eyes could see that. Yuta was extremely open in that sense, letting everyone see how much he loved and cared for the taller human. Yuta even told him that Sicheng had fainted from being beaten too hard on multiple occasions. Jimin found it cruel and brutal. He couldn't understand how Yuta could still consider Taeyong as his best friend.

He scooped up the finished porridge and put it in two seperate bowls. He wrapped up the one meant for Jungkook and put it on the table. He grabbed the other one and started eating it. Jimin didn't recognize the Taeyong his best friend told him about. The Taeyong he knew was kind, sweet and a ball of fluff. That was the Taeyong the entire world knew. Was that all just a lie? Was it all just an act? Was it all just fake? He hoped that it wasn't entirely fake. He sighed, whispering a question to himself.

"Did I really admire Taeyong all those years ago?"