Chapter 36

Jungkook plopped onto the couch, exhausted and sweating profusely. After he was finished his gun training, Jinyoung had forced him to work out for another three hours. Now, it was already around 5 pm in the afternoon. He hoped that Jimin's day at work wasn't as tiresome as his was. In a way, he hated Jinyoung for pushing him so hard.

At the same time, he didn't blame Jinyoung for trying his best to train him. Jungkook knew that he had slacked off too much, which was why he had no choice but to train as hard as he could. Now, it was either training as hard as he could to prepare for Taeyong's attack or to slack off and be unprepared when Taeyong launches his attack. To him, neither of them sounded very great, but what choice did he have?

He sighed loudly, catching the attention of Yuta who was sitting beside him watching an anime. "We get that you hate your training, alright? You don't have to radiate it." He said, snickering. Jungkook just glared at him. "Should I pull you into this too?" He asked, making Yuta shake his head at the speed of light. "Do you want a massage, oh best friend of mine?" Yuta asked, faking respect. Jungkook rolled his eyes at Yuta's act.

Kai came downstairs groaning and covered in sweat. Jungkook and Yuta looked at him with raised eyebrows. "I'm done with training for today! If I train any more then I won't be able to function anymore!" He exclaimed, plopping onto the couch. Yuta and Jungkook looked at him up and down. His white shirt was transparent due to sweat, and the cloth was sticking to his extremely obvious abs. Yuta scrunched his nose. "Can you take a shower first?" He asked, face full of disgust. Kai gave him an offended look before going upstairs to take a shower.

After Kai left, Yuta immediately started gossiping with Jungkook. "How hard did he work to get his abs that deep?" He whispered, not noticing that he was missing an important scene in his anime. "Considering that he works out almost 24/7, it's no surprise that his body is that great." Jungkook looked over at Yuta, who was obviously thinking about something considering the way his eyes sparkled. "Hey, do you think I'll look that good if I worked out that much?" Jungkook laughed at Yuta's question. "No way in hell."

Yuta flipped him off, making Jungkook do the same to him. Kai came back to see that Jungkook and Yuta were flipping each other off with eyes narrowed. "What the fuck is going on here?" He asked, making the two of them gasp. "Watch your profanity!" They yelled at the same time, pointing at Kai. Jungkook watched as Kai blinked. Studying the younger's features more, he realized that Kai didn't actually look that Korean.

"Hey, what nationality are you? You don't look fully Korean." He asked, making Kai shrug. "I'm American, but I'm mixed. Mixed as in extremely mixed. My mom is Korean and Chinese while my dad is Latino and a bit of European." He explained, making Yuta's eyes sparkle. Jungkook internally facepalmed, preparing himself for whatever stupid thing Yuta said next. "If your mom is half-Chinese, do you know how to speak Mandarin then?" Kai nodded, making Yuta's eyes sparkle more. "I lived in China for a while, so I learned a bit of Mandarin there. I might not remember how to speak it though, why?"

Before Yuta could answer, Jungkook interrupted him. "He wants you to talk to Sicheng in Mandarin." He said, causing Yuta to turn to him. "How did you know?" Yuta asked, causing Jungkook to roll his eyes at him. "You're literally the most obvious person on the planet. How would I not know?" He sassed, making Yuta huff. Yuta went upstairs to call Sicheng, making Kai's eyes widen and him to let out nervous chuckles.

Jungkook watched in pity as Yuta practically dragged Sicheng downstairs with Ten following behind them. "What do you want, Yuta?" He asked in a bored tone. Jungkook chuckled at how uptight and nervous Kai looked. He could tell that Kai was starting to regret his decision of telling Yuta about his family background. "Sicheng! Kai told me that he knows how to speak a bit of Mandarin!" Yuta exclaimed, making Kai sigh. Sicheng looked at Kai with an eyebrow raised. "Speak."

The bunny hybrid watched as Kai said something in a different language to Sicheng. After a while of disapproving stares from Sicheng, Kai gave up and glared at Yuta. "I told you that I forgot most of my Mandarin!" He yelled. Before Yuta could protest, Kai's stomach grumbled. "I can't speak Mandarin properly when I'm hungry!" Kai exclaimed before rushing to the kitchen to make some food. "Uh, I'm gonna go check on him." Jungkook said before following him to the kitchen.

Jungkook didn't fully trust anyone in the kitchen except for himself, Jinyoung, Taehyun and Ten. That meant that having Jimin work in the kitchen could make him nervous, not to mention Kai. He didn't even know if Kai could even cook properly. He walked into the kitchen to see Kai breaking eggs everywhere with flour splattered across the floor. "What the fuck do you think you're doing?!" He yelled, making Kai freeze.

"Uh, I was just— "Making a mess in my kitchen?" Jungkook answered for Kai, making the predator hybrid freeze. Jungkook walked towards Kai until their faces were only inches apart. "Repeat after me." Jungkook ordered, making Kai nod. "I will clean up this entire kitchen before 6:30 pm." He hissed, making Kai gulp in fear. "I will clean up this entire kitchen before 6:30 pm." Jungkook handed Kai a mop nearby. "Start now."

Kai nodded and Jungkook stepped out of the kitchen, sighing happily. Yuta looked at him with a raised eyebrow. "What did you do?" He asked, suspicious of Jungkook's sudden cheerful mood. "I punished Kai for making the entire kitchen a mess." Jungkook replied happily, skipping around the entire room in his slippers. "You're actually unexpectedly sadistic." Yuta teased, making Ten and Sicheng snicker.

Jungkook glared at him, but that glare went away when he saw that Jimin came home early. He smiled, preparing to welcome Jimin home. When he saw that Taehyun was with him as well, his face morphed into a confused look. Yuta snickered behind his back, whispering to Sicheng. "He's bipolar too." Jungkook ignored Yuta, still hugging Jimin and looking at Taehyun with a confused look.

"What did you go out for?"