Chapter 37

A month later of daily training, both Jungkook and Jimin are fully prepared for Taeyong's attack. Due to the help of Kai, Jungkook's body has become 98% muscle and 2% fat. Jimin on the other hand, has fully mastered how to use darts in an effecient way. You want him to throw three darts at the same time? He can do it without ease.

Jimin was still a bit queasy about using darts laced with snake venom, but Taehyun had already gave him a small bottle of the antidote to bring with him. He was glad that Taehyun agreed to make some of the antidote for him because he would feel way too guilty about killing innocent people. When he asked Taehyun to teach him how to use darts, he expected that he would have to hit his targets properly. What he didn't expect was that the darts would be laced with venom.

Taehyun and Soobin had told him that they always went on missions with darts laced with snake venom. Jimin shivered at the thought of such young hybrids being able to kill so many people so casually. He was glad that Jungkook seemed to know nothing about him learning how to use darts. He didn't want to imagine Jungkook's reaction if he ever found out.

For the first time in a month, both of them were able to have a break. Jinyoung finally allowed Jungkook to have a day of doing whatever he wanted while Jimin decided to skip work and training. They had barely spent any time together during the past month due to how hectic things were, so they were ecstatic to finally have some time together. Jimin hoped that his office wouldn't be sent into a frenzy while he was gone so he wouldn't have to go back to the office while on break.

For the majority of the day, Jimin and Jungkook sat on the couch together, cuddling and wrapped in blankets while watching TV. Yuta and Sicheng would occasionally come downstairs to see Jimin nuzzling into Jungkook's shoulder, making the two of them gag. Earlier that day, Jimin had congratulated Sicheng on making it into a big company in Korea. Jimin knew that he wouldn't see Sicheng much from a week later, so he wanted to make some time for him while he had the chance.

Soon, the day rushed by and it was already time for dinner. Jimin was glad that he faced no interruptions while Jungkook seemed to be in a daze the entire day. After Taehyun finished making dinner, they all sat together in the living room eating their food. Jimin's smile faltered slightly when he saw that Ten and Johnny weren't with them. He knew that they had moved out a few weeks ago, but he still wasn't used to not seeing them everyday. He just hoped that Ten was enjoying his time living with Johnny.

He used the chance to talk to Sicheng, knowing how many restrictions a K-pop idol had to go through. While they talked, a question popped up in his head. "What are you going to do with your relationship with Yuta?" He asked, making Sicheng's smile falter. "I have no choice but to date him in secret. My company can't know anything about our relationship or else I'll get kicked out. We won't be able to go on public dates anymore, which is a shame." He replied, huffing.

Yuta noticed this while he talked with Jungkook, and quickly ditched the other bunny hybrid to comfort Sicheng. "Oh wow. I see how it is." Jungkook acted in an offended tone, making Yuta roll his eyes. "For your information, Sicheng is way more important than you." He sassed, making Jungkook gasp dramatically. Sicheng and Jimin giggled at their little feud. Jungkook pulled Jimin to his side, pulling him close. "Well for your information, Jimin is more important than you'll ever be." Yuta gasped. "You take that back!"

Everyone in the room watched their little feud, laughing ever-so-often when they made a funny comeback. Jinyoung facepalmed and sighed, stressed. "Is he really the person who gave hybrids their rights?" He mumbled to himself under his breath. Much to his dismay, Jungkook somehow managed to hear him. "I heard that!" He yelled before going back to arguing with Yuta. Jimin looked at Sicheng, talking to each other telepathically before breaking out in giggles.

After a while of fighting, they both gave up after neither of them decided to back down. Jungkook was too lazy to continue while Yuta wanted to stop so he could cuddle with Sicheng. Still, Yuta couldn't cuddle with Sicheng as Jimin was still talking to him. Huffing, he sat back on he couch beside Jingkook and started pouting, hoping that Sicheng would notice. Much to his dismay, Sicheng didn't even look his way, making Jungkook laugh.

Jimin eventually noticed how late it was and excused himself, grabbing Jungkook by the arm and running out the door. When they got out, he let go. Jimin looked up at the sky before asking Jungkook a question. "Do you have a ladder?" Jungkook nodded, showing the ladder he had at the back of the house, past the garden. "Seokjin always liked seeing the stars at night, so he installed one on my house as well."

Jungkook climbed up, holding out his hand to help Jimin up. "Climb up on your own, I'll follow you." He said, making Jungkook give him a look telling him that he didn't trust him. Despite this, Jungkook continued climbing up on his own, letting Jimin do his own thing. Jimin started making his way up the ladder as soon as Jungkook made it to the top of the roof. It was wobbly, which made Jimin freeze on numerous occasions. Still, he did his best to get up as fast as he could.

Jimin let out a sigh of relief the moment he got up to the top. He looked at the sky, staring at it in wonder before smiling widely. "I'll have to thank Seokjin for installing this ladder later." He said, making Jungkook chuckle. "I'm guessing that you like looking at the stars at night as well, right?" He asked, making Jimin nod. Jungkook looked up at the sky as well, looking at all the twinkling stars. He never realized how pretty the stars were until Jimin dragged him here to look at them. Maybe because he was always busy, so he never paid attention to them.

For a while, the two of them just stayed like that. Well, until Jimin spotted a shooting star. "Look, it's a shooting star! Hurry up and make a wish?" He yelled, immediately closing his eyes and making a wish. Jungkook was confused, but he did the same. After Jimin opened his eyes again, Jungkook was starting to feel curious of what Jimin wished for. "What did you wish for?" He asked, making Jimin scowl. "If I tell you, then the wish won't come true!" Jungkook chuckled quietly, staying silent after that.

"I wished that I could clear this misunderstanding with Taeyong so we wouldn't have to go through all this." Jungkook said, making Jimin gasp. "It won't come true anymore!" He whined childishly. Jungkook just looked up at the sky and sighed. "It's not like it would come true anyways." Jimin frowned at his words, but didn't add anything. For a while, they stayed silent until Jimin broke the silence again. "I actually pulled you up here to tell you about my childhood. I thought it would be calming to tell a story up here." He said, making Jungkook's eyes widen.

"Go ahead."