Chapter 9

Jungkook woke up early the next morning and put on his suit. He quickly prepared breakfast for Jimin and grabbed an apple to eat as he went and called a taxi. The bunny hybrid was planning on going to this secret base where all his friends knew about. The only people allowed in were hybrids.

Jimin woke up about an hour later and noticed Jungkook's missing presence. He frowned, but didn't complain and simply got up to get some breakfast. Jimin walked into the kitchen and noticed that Jungkook already prepared a simple breakfast for him. He smiled, heating up the food and eating it while it was still warm.

After he finished eating, he didn't really have anything to do. Going to the library was obviously out of the question, and he wasn't in the mood for swimming. That meant he had only one option, which was going on his phone. He didn't really want to do that since he already had to wear contacts, but it didn't seem like he had much of an option.

He didn't do much on his phone. There was the classic 'scrolling through Instagram and liking aesthetic, fancy photos he couldn't relate to.' There was also him watching random videos on Youtube when he got bored of that. It was mostly just puppy and kitten videos. That was pretty much all he watched these days.

As he giggled at the cute puppies, he heard a loud thunk coming from the library upstairs. He rushed into the library to see a bunny hybrid and another human standing near a open door, obviously a secret passage. Jimin grabbed the nearest book to his right and prepared to whack the two strangers with it. He stepped closer to the two strangers, still wary and prepared to attack.

Before he could do anything, the bunny hybrid closed the door and breathed in deeply. "I'm sorry for rushing in like this. Do you know where Jungkook is? It's really urgent." The bunny hybrid asked frantically, making Jimin narrow his eyes. "Jungkook has some errands to attend. That isn't really the issue though. Why exactly are you in Jungkook and I's house?" Jimin asked suspiciously, still holding the book.

The bunny hybrid opened his mouth to respond, but the human beat him to it. "We'll explain after. We just really need Jungkook's help right now. The issue is getting bigger with every word we speak." The human briefly explained. Jimin set the book on the nearest shelf and led them into the living room, keeping an eye on them for every step of the way.

He could tell that the bunny hybrid was clearly very tense, but didn't say a word as he glared at their backs. The bunny hybrid opened the front door, ignoring Jimin's glare and stepped into the garden with the other human. Jimin shut the door behind them and followed them.

They walked to the garden in silence. The bunny hybrid stopped suddenly, startling Jimin. "Park Jimin, right?" The bunny hybrid suddenly spoke, making Jimin flinch. "Wait, how the hell do you know my name?" Jimin asked back, not giving an answer to the hybrid.

"Every hybrid that knows Jungkook would know that you're his soulmate. There's even rumors of you being one of the most handsome men in Korea according to some hybrids." The human man answered calmly, making Jimin scoff. "It's true that I'm Park Jimin, but that description does not fit me in the slightest."

"Ah, we haven't introduced ourselves yet. I'm Yuta Nakamoto. The human beside me is Dong Sicheng. I'm Japanese, he's Chinese. Sicheng originally came to Korea to become an idol, but things changed after he met me." Yuta introduced, holding out his hand. Jimin cautiously took Yuta's hand and shook it briefly.

"Okay, can you explain why you where in our house?" Jimin asked, making the other human look down. "You're not allowed to know." He muttered quietly, making Jimin yell. "What do you mean I'm not allowed to know?! You're intruding in my house and you're telling me that you're not even going to give me a reason why?!" Jimin was obviously furious.

To prevent Jimin from yelling any louder, Yuta covered his mouth. "Fine, I'll tell you. Jung Jaehyun. He's in trouble." Yuta said, getting quieter with each word he said. He watched as Jimin's face got paler with each word he said. "J-Jung Jaehyun? You mean my best friend? The one who went missing five years ago?" Jimin stuttered in disbelief.

"Yes, your best friend, Jung Jaehyun. He's going through something that no one should ever have to go through. I can't tell you the details though. It might stain your innocence." Yuta confirmed, watching as Jimin trembled. "You act as if you aren't a innocent person."

"Me, innocent? No. Not now, not ever. You think highly of hybrids at the moment, which is why I don't want to tell you what Jaehyun's going through. I want to preserve your innocent perspective of hybrids. Many hybrids are corrupt and evil just like humans, but you don't need to know any of the details." Yuta explained gently, watching as Jimin had an internal crisis.

"Trust me, you really don't want to know. I've seen how bad hybrids can be. You should just stay naive and continue thinking highly of them." Sicheng advised, causing Jimin to snap. "Do you seriously think I can still think highly of hybrids after knowing that my best friend's disappearance had to do with hybrids?! Do you even know how much I missed Jaehyun during these past five years?! No! You don't know!" Jimin snapped, getting louder with each word.

"Well guess what?! The reason why Jaehyun disappeared without a word was because he was willing to go with those hybrids! You should've seen him in that moment! He didn't even bother thinking about anything else as he followed those hybrids blindly! He knew how terrible and corrupt those hybrids were, but he didn't give two fucks!" Sicheng yelled back, causing Yuta to put his hand on the human's shoulder.

"Do you seriously think I'll believe that my best friend would be that dumb?! He was at the highest of our grade for all the years that we've been together. He was the best at everything!" Jimin retorted, causing Sicheng to roll his eyes. "It doesn't fucking matter how smart he was! You can be as smart as Einstein and still fall when it comes to love, and that was exactly what happened to Jaehyun! He fell in love! That's why he left without a word—" Sicheng yelled, but was cut off.

"Dong Sicheng!" Yuta yelled over all of them. Jimin turned to the bunny hybrid and saw that he was gripping into Sicheng's shoulder to the point where Sicheng was wincing from pain. Suddenly, Yuta released his grip. "I'm sorry, we said too much. Let's go, Sicheng. I don't want to make this even messier." Yuta whispered sadly, leaving with Sicheng silently.

Jimin stood in the garden silently, watching Yuta and Sicheng go back from the secret passage in the library. Tears slipped down his cheeks as he thought about his memories with Jaehyun. When was the last time he had a proper conversation with Jaehyun? The last thing he said to Jaehyun five years ago was a simple "I hate you." He was starting to feel extremely guilty because of it.

"I'm sorry, Jaehyun. I hope you're doing well."