Chapter 23

It's been a week since Johnny and Ten arrived in Jungkook's mansion covered in blood. Jimin was slightly annoyed about it at first, but he warmed up to Ten quickly and now they have their own little gossip group consisting of Jimin, Sicheng and Ten. Ten has refused to leave Johnny all week, so Sicheng and Jimin had to occasionally convince him to leave him just for a bit to take a shower.

Other than that, Ten doesn't leave Johnny's side at all. Jungkook often sees Ten just staring at Johnny's face throughtout the day. Johnny's condition doesn't seem to be doing very good. Seokjin stopped letting Ten give Johnny his blood because he was afraid that Ten's blood levels will become too low. Instead, he resorted to going to blood banks where people voluntarily donate their blood.

Seokjin had bought five bags full of type A blood just for Johnny. He put them in the fridge to preserve them. He told Jungkook that Johnny needed a new bag of blood everyday. Jungkook was told that he wasn't allowed to force a whole lot of blood inside of Johnny's body in case the hybrid couldn't handle it all at once. Jungkook listened to Seokjin's every word because Seokjin was the one who was the professional here, not him.

Jimin gave all his employees a week off of work because of Ten. He was afraid that Ten would starve himself because he refused to leave Johnny's side, so he made sure to prepare every meal for him. It was currently around lunchtime and he knew for sure that Ten hasn't ate anything. Ten wouldn't even go to the washroom unless Jimin promised that he would watch Johnny in Ten's place.

He went upstairs and into Johnny's room to see Ten sleeping beside Johnny. He looked exhausted, with dark bags under his eyes and messy hair. It looked as if the human didn't sleep at all the night before. Jimin put the food on a counter beside Johnny's bed, not bothering to wake up Ten. He knew that Ten needed his sleep to function, so he let him do his thing.

Ten never really cared about his food being cold or not, so Jimin just let it sit there. He didn't know what really goes on in that organization, but he assumed that Ten and his partner, Johnny escaped from it. He was pretty sure that the food there was barely edible compared to what was made by him. He didn't consider himself as a bad cook, so Ten could definitely eat it.

Ten slowly stirred awake soon after Jimin left and saw that there was food placed on the counter beside Johnny's bed. He grabbed the food and ate it, his eyes never leaving Johnny. He was thirsty, but he didn't want to leave Johnny's side. Just as he was about to call a maid to get a glass of water for him, Sicheng and Jimin came inside the room with three bottles of Sprite.

Sicheng offered one to Ten, which the human took thankfully. Jimin and Sicheng sat down on a chair nearby and filled Ten in with the latest drama between celebrities internationally and in Korea. Ten was so immersed in the conversation that he didn't even realize that Johnny was waking up. Actually, none of them even glanced at Johnny the entire time they talked.

Johnny woke up feeling uncomfortable. He couldn't breathe, but it felt as if some type of machine was forcing oxygen into his lungs. His entire body was screaming in pain from the injuries he got from his fight with Taeyong. His head hurt moderately and he was starving. He wasn't sure if he could even open his eyes. Johnny slowly opened his eyes and saw Ten talking happily with two other males who he couldn't see because he was looking at Ten.

He looked down and saw that Ten was holding his hand. He gave Ten's hand a tiny squeeze to tell him that he was awake. He watched as Ten's happy face turned into one of shock, relief and happiness. "Johnny! You're awake!" He said a little too loudly, causing Johnny to wince from the loud sound. Seeing Johnny wince, Ten immediately quieted down and attempted to control his excitement.

Jimin stood up immediately. "I'm calling Seokjin to come over." He informed, making Ten nod from excitement. After Jimin left, Sicheng and Ten turned to Johnny immediately. "How are you feeling, Johnny?" Ten whispered, trying to be quiet despite being excited that Johnny was awake. Johnny wasn't sure if he could talk through the oxygen mask, but he tried his best.

"I'm fine, just a little bit bruised and battered." He chuckled and regretted it immediately. His voice came out raspy. "You've been in a coma for a week. You would've been dead if Seokjin didn't save you with the help of blood donations." Sicheng informed, causing Johnny to nod in understanding. "I'll have to thank him once I'm healthy again." He replied and then turned to Ten.

"Ten, have you been eating and sleeping well while I was in a coma?" He asked, causing Ten to freeze. Ten started to squeeze Johnny's hand tighter due to anxiety. "Uh, I ate plenty but I didn't sleep very well..." Ten trailed off, causing Johnny to give him a look. "Ten, I told you numerous times to not worry about me and place your health before mine." Johnny lectured, causing Ten to pout.

He huffed quietly. "How could I worry about myself when I was fine when you were losing so much blood? Seokjin said you lost a quarter of the blood you had in your body. He said you needed a blood transfusion or you would've died." Ten informed, making Johnny widen his eyes. "I-I didn't realize it was that bad." He struggled to speak.

"Of course you wouldn't realize how bad your condition was! You always put my health over your's, no matter how bad your condition is." This time, it was Ten's turn to lecture Johnny. "You know that's because I worry about you. Hybrids are physically stronger than humans and you know that." Ten pouted, making Johnny internally coo. "Even strong hybrids like you have their limits."

Sicheng sat there watching the couple bicker with a face full of disgust. They were so obviously in love that they should just get married. Johnny even went as far as to make sure that no one would touch Ten unless it was him. That was why Ten barely had any scars on his body compared to the other members of the organization. Even then, Johnny never hit or hurt Ten unless Ten did something that enraged Johnny.

Ten was lucky to be claimed by one of the founders of the organization, which meant that he had the power to avoid almost all of the abuse in the organization. Sicheng, on the other hand was pushed around by Taeyong countless times despite being claimed by Yuta. Yuta didn't have any power in the organization since he was a prey hybrid despite being Taeyong's best friend.

Jimin came back and interrupted their bickering. "Seokjin's here." He said. Just as he said that, a gorgeous snow leopard hybrid entered the room. Even Johnny was blown away by Seokjin's beauty despite thinking at Ten was the most beautiful person he laid eyes on. Ten thought he was used to it, but he still got surprised. Seokjin checked Johnny's condition for a few minutes, including his blood pressure.

"He's healthy enough to have him off the oxygen mask and IV drip. I'll buy a wheelchair for him. He's not allowed to walk since we need his injuries to heal a bit more since they're still quite fresh. Give him a few weeks and he should be fine." He informed, slowly removing the needle that connected to Johnny's IV drip. He put a bandaid on it to stop the bleeding.

"I'll be removing the oxygen mask, okay? Breathe in and out. Take deep breaths to steady your breathing." Seokjin advised, making Johnny nod. "Three, two, one." He said before removing the oxygen mask gently. Johnny coughed at the lack of oxygen as he was used to breathing using the mask. After a few minutes of deep breaths, he got used to breathing on his own.

He looked at Ten and let out a small smile. He held his arms out, signalling for Ten to hug him. Ten took the hint and hugged him, careful not to touch his injuries. Johnny kissed Ten's forehead and pulled him back into another hug while Seokjin, Sicheng and Jimin watched them with disgust written all over their faces.

"See, Ten? I'm fine."