Chapter 28

Jungkook woke up the next morning to see that Jimin wasn't sleeping beside him. Looking at the clock beside his bed, he realized it was already 10:30 am. Jimin goes to work at 9 am, so Jungkook expected that he woke up earlier than him and didn't bother to wake him up. He yawned and rubbed his eyes, going downstairs to cook breakfast for himself.

He was greeted downstairs by Yuta and Johnny. "Look who finally decided to get off his lazy-ass and wake up!" Yuta exclaimed excitedly. Johnny snickered but stopped when Seokjin came back to feed him a bowl of salad he made. "Shut up, Yuta." Jungkook hissed, going into the kitchen to make some porridge for himself. He was moody because he didn't wake up to see Jimin beside him.

Sicheng came downstairs soon after, cuddling with Yuta. Jungkook was jealous of the type of relationship they had. He knew that he was far from being like that with Jimin. The closest thing he did to Jimin was have a one-night-stand with him. After that, they went back to their old, boring relationship. Jimin never talked about that night unless asked and Jungkook didn't want to make Jimin uncomfortable by asking to do it again.

Ten came downstairs and kissed Johnny on the cheek subconsciously, blushing when he realized what he did. Jungkook didn't realize he was staring until Johnny raised an eyebrow at him. He looked away, going back to cooking his porridge. He thought the one-night-stand he had with Jimin was rushed and unnecessary.

Jungkook originally wanted to win over Jimin's heart slowly. He never imagined that tasting his lips once would cause him to lose all control. From that night, he could tell that Jimin was a virgin. Jimin had whined from the pain multiple times when Jungkook accidentally went too fast. It made him feel guilty that he didn't save himself for Jimin. Instead, he had a few flings every once in a while due to attending bars with Seokjin.

When he realized that his porridge was burning a bit, he quickly turned off the stove and took all the unburned porridge. The rest was dumped in the trash. He ate his porridge slowly since it was still hot. He watched as Yuta flirted with Sicheng, covering the taller male with kisses. Johnny, on the other hand was being fed a salad by Ten. He was seething in jealousy, wondering when Jimin would treat him like that.

His love was one-sided, he knew that since the beginning. Jungkook had told himself to he patient on numerous occasions, but his patience was running out. Forcing himself on Jimin was not an option in his book, but he wasn't sure how much longer he could wait. He had already offered Jimin his heart and soul, now Jimin just had to take it. And if Jimin didn't take it? Well, he didn't even want to think about it.

He wondered if Jimin even felt anything back. Did his efforts even mean anything to Jimin? Or was it just a desperate attempt to make him fall in love? After that one-night-stand, he was afraid that Jimin would come back and ask for sex instead of telling him that he felt the same. He didn't want Jimin to like him just because he was good in the sheets. He wanted Jimin to like him because, well, he was himself.

Yuta was about to tease Jungkook again, but decided not to once he saw the troubled expression on Jungkook's face. "Hey man, what's wrong?" He asked, concerned. Jungkook shook his head and frowned deeper. "I was just thinking if my efforts are even worth it. It's not like he likes me back anyway." Yuta frowned. He knew that Jungkook would normally never doubt himself, so he knew something was wrong when he did.

The other bunny hybrid didn't know what to do. He wasn't good at talking about deep, emotional stuff unlike Jaehyun. As he was stressing about what to say, Sicheng interrupted him. "Don't worry, I'm sure that he at least feels something. I asked him about what he thought about you a few days ago. He told me you felt like his home, the only place he felt completely safe in. He didn't say anything more than that. I'm sure he's confused since this is his first time dealing with the emotion called love."

Jungkook smiled at what Sicheng said. "Thanks, for saying that. I don't know, I wish he could at least give me hints about how he feels. I can't figure him out." Ten, who was eavesdropping, joined in. "You don't have to try and figure out what he's thinking. Let him come to you slowly." Ten advised. He was actually doing terribly with giving hints to Johnny because Johnny was denser than a rock.

"The problem is, I don't know whether he'll even come to me voluntarily. It's scary because I already have my heart and soul out, ready for him to take at anytime. He could very well just take it and leave me." Sicheng was about to glare at Jungkook, but the realized that it was just Jungkook's feeling of insecurity that's making him say that. "Don't talk about Jimin that way, I'm sure he'll come to you eventually."

"Will he, though? Are you sure you're not saying this to comfort me?" Yuta has never seen Jungkook this stressed about anything, not even when he was fighting five against one in the war. Sicheng and Ten were starting to get annoyed at Jungkook's self-doubt. "Hey! At least he isn't purposely leaving you hanging like Taeyong is to Jaehyun! Jaehyun has been in love with Taeyong for over six years and he still hasn't heard anything from Taeyong yet!" Ten exclaimed, making Sicheng nod his head in agreement.

Yuta glared at Ten for talking about Taeyong that way. Johnny just shrugged. "Well, he ain't wrong." Yuta couldn't deny that Ten was spot on, but he still didn't like the way he talked about Taeyong. Jungkook widened his eyes at what Ten said about Taeyong. He couldn't imagine what he would do if Jimin left him hanging for over six years. He would probably go insane by the time the third year started.

Jungkook sighed and put the bowl of now-finished porridge in the sink. It wasn't like him to doubt himself, everyone around him knew. Despite that, he couldn't help but doubt himself when he got nearly no reaction from Jimin everytime he tried to do something for him. He could only break the prohecy if Jimin fell in love with him. It didn't matter if he saved his life a hundred times unless Jimin fell in love with him.

It didn't matter if Jimin said those three words and eight letters right away, because it holds no meaning behind it. Jungkook suddenly felt extremely bad for Jaehyun. The human has felt this way about Taeyong for over six years now with no signs of Taeyong feeling the same way towards him. Jungkook didn't know if he could be able to be as strong as Jaehyun.

Jungkook was tired. He was tired of chasing Jimin so desperately. He was tired of constantly holding back his emotions for the sake of Jimin. He was tired of this emotionally exhausting, vicious cycle. Everyone had told him that he needed to wait a little longer, but how long is 'a little longer?' Was it a few weeks? A month? A year? It's already been half a year since he met Jimin. Did the human really feel nothing towards him? Sighing, he plopped onto the couch and whispered to himself.

"How much longer will I have to wait for you, Jimin?"