Chapter 38

Jimin chuckled quietly. "You know, my past actually sounds like a cliché backstory of the main character of a story." Jungkook chuckled quietly alongside Jimin. He almost never read any books, so it would probably sound interesting to him when it was actually cliché. "Try me." He challenged. Jimin smirked at him. "Sure, why not?" There was a moment of silence before Jimin started.

"The story starts when I was born. My mother was a teenage mother and my dad was a 25 year old alcoholic. I mostly lived with my mother who was shamed by her family for having me at such a young age. She was only 16 years old when she had me. About a year later, my mother had my younger sister, Park Bomin. It was from the same man, my father." Jimin told Jungkook in a serious tone, not being able to crack any jokes.

"That doesn't sound very cliché to me." Jimin just chuckled lightly at Jungkook's words. "Maybe you just need to read more books." Jungkook scrunched his nose at the thought of reading books. "I'll pass." Jimin giggled at how fast Jungkook passed on the opportunity to read books. "My mother was able to enter university and struggled to balance school and her part-time job."

Jungkook was surprised that Jimin's mother was able to enter university despite the circumstances. "My mother majored in psychology and sucessfully became a psychologist working in a school. The first few years were looking good for us and we were able to move out by the time my mother was 25 years old." Jungkook mentally applauded Jimin's mother for being as strong as she was.

Jungkook noticed how Jimin's face suddenly darkened, making him wonder how bad things got. "When I turned 13, my younger sister was diagnosed with leukemia. Suddenly, we had to move out of our house and live in an apartment. My mother took on more jobs and my sister was hospitalized as the days passed." Jungkook gasped quietly at how much things changed.

Jimin sighed quietly before composing himself and continuing the story. "By the time I was seventeen, my sister was on the verge of beating leukemia for good. That is, until my mother died in a car accident on her way to work. My sister and I were sent into the care of my father, who married another woman and had kids with her. I got a part-time job to help my father pay off my sister's medical bills while balancing my senior year of high school. I worked my ass off to be able to skip a grade to get into university sooner." Jungkook was surprised that Jimin's dad was willing to help them.

"I studied finace at university because I had always wanted to make my own company. At the time, I didn't know what I wanted to do with the company. My sister was the one who suggested the idea and created the name for my current company. I had to borrow money from many people I knew to make the company and promise to return the money as well." Jungkook was surprised to hear that Jimin's sister was the one who made the entire concept of Jimin's company.

Jimin sniffed, trying to hold back tears before continuing. "My sister passed away during my second year of university. I chose to listen to what she said because we both had a love for hybrids at a young age. I moved out as soon as I graduated and got a small apartment." Jungkook was starting to think that Jimin's past was indeed cliché, but he couldn't say that when Jimin was close to crying while telling his story.

"I inherited about one million won from my mother when I turned 18 and used it with a mix of my money and the borrowed money to create my company. For 5 years, I worked at the company and watched as it almost collapsed 5 times. Then, I met you." Jimin said, ending his story. At that moment, Jungkook realized that Jimin's scars ran deep despite his smiley and cuddly personality.

Jimin shook off the depressing atmosphere and changed the subject, shocking Jungkook at the sudden change. "You know, I always wanted to do this under a sky full of stars." Before Jungkook could ask what it was, Jimin pulled him into a kiss. Jimin felt Jungkook tense up before relaxing and kissing back, cupping his small face with his large hands. He let Jungkook's hands roam his body while he played with Jungkook's hair.

Meanwhile, Yuta felt a shiver go down his spine. He turned to Jinyoung and Sicheng, who were both looking at the TV. "Guys, did you feel a shiver go down your spine?" Jinyoung turned to him and rolled his eyes. "What kind of bullshit are you talking about now?" He asked without any enthusiasm. "Hey! I'm being serious!" Before Jinyoung could roll his eyes and reply, they all froze at a high pitched moan coming from the ceiling.

Jinyoung and Yuta's eyes widened at the same time, turning to each other. "Is that what I think it is?" Yuta asked in a frightened tone. Jinyoung nodded meekly, making Sicheng roll his eyes at their act. "S-Should we stop them?" Yuta asked, stuttering for effect. Jinyoung shook his head at Yuta's question. "I want to preserve my virgin eyes." Sicheng rolled his eyes again.

"Oh please! I saw Jackson eyeing your butt when you saved Yuta and I from that organization. I was half-asleep, but I saw what I saw." Sicheng said loudly, making everyone in the room turn to Jinyoung. The entire room was silent for a good 10 minutes until Yuta broke the silence. "Damn Jinyoung." Jinyoung glared at Yuta, face red from embarassment. "Shut up, bunny." He hissed, burying his face into his hands.

Yuta laughed at Jinyoung's embarassed reaction to Sicheng's words. He nudged Jinyoung's stomach, wiggling his eyebrows at him. "So, did you and Jackson do the dirty yet? If so, who was the top?" He asked, making Jinyoung whack him in the face. "Shut up before I decide to eat you for dinner." He jokingly threatened making Yuta chuckle. "I'll take that as a yes. Sicheng, who do you think is the top?" He asked. "Jackson." Sicheng answered, eyes not leaving the TV.

By then, many dirty memories were flashing through Jinyoung's mind. Yuta decided to change the subject when he saw how red Jinyoung was. "You sure you don't want to go stop them?" He asked, making Jinyoung nod his head furiously. Yuta huffed before grabbing Jinyoung by the wrist and pulling him outside. "Too bad, you're coming anyway." He said, making Jinyoung sigh.

The two of them stopped at the back of the house where they saw a ladder. They took a few steps back and looked up, immediately regretting it. Both Jimin and Jungkook were butt-naked, Jungkook's butt faced towards them. They turned away, covering their eyes. "Did you guys really have to have sex on the roof out of all the places you could've chosen?" Yuta yelled, still not looking at them. When they didn't stop, Yuta turned to Jinyoung, who was red and had his face buried in his hands.

"See? That's what happens when you don't get laid for a long time."