Chapter 35

Taehyun grabbed a package of darts he had and a small circular target for Jimin to practice with. While Kai was busy training Jungkook, he slipped out the door and called a taxi. After telling the taxi the address to Jimin's company, he waited for the taxi to arrive at his destination. Once he arrived, he rushed inside the company and ran to the elevator, ignoring the yells of employees telling him it was not permitted.

He arrived at the top floor, where Jimin's office was located. He checked the time. It was exactly 12:30 pm. Taehyun internally prayed that Jimin didn't leave for lunch yet. He speed-walked to Jimin's office, bursting in suddenly. He was met with weird looks coming from Beomgyu, Yeonjun and Soobin. "What are you doing here?" Soobin asked, eyebrow raised. Taehyun simply huffed in response.

"I'll only tell you if you promise that Jungkook will not hear a single word about this." Taehyun said, hiding the darts and the target behind his back. Yeonjun, Beomgyu and Soobin exchanged looks, then they looked back at Taehyun. "We promise, now spill." Beomgyu answered briefly, eyebrow raised just like Soobin. Taehyun sighed before telling them. "Jimin asked me to teach him how to use darts. He said he wanted to help Jungkook during the attack secretly." Taehyun answered, making them gasp.

Taehyun dropped the darts and target he was hiding, letting the three hybrids look at them. Finally, Yeonjun sighed. "Fine, we'll keep this a secret. Train him the best you can, we'll help you if you don't have time to come to the office. Once the actual attack starts, make sure to lace the darts with snake venom." Yeonjun ordered, causing Taehyun to nod. "We always lace our darts with snake venom, it's basically mandatory at this point."

Before Taehyun could ask where Jimin was, something popped up in his head. He turned back to Yeonjun, grabbing his hands. "Please don't tell Kai about this. You know how bad he is at keeping secrets. If you tell him, Jungkook will find out about this for sure!" He asked, practically begging. Yeonjun and Beomgyu rolled his eyes at Taehyun's action. Yeonjun shook Taehyun's hands off. "When was the last time we actually told Kai about things like this? Never." Beomgyu replied.

"You could've just said that you won't tell him." He replied, rolling his eyes. "You really didn't need to add that extra sass." Before Beomgyu and Taehyun could start quarrelling, Soobin interrupted them. "Do you want me to call Jimin for you?" He asked, making Taehyun nod immediately. "Where is he, by the way?" Taehyun asked, looking around the office. "He's in the other room eating lunch with Hoseok and Taehyung. They should be fine. We were just eating lunch before you stormed in." Soobin answered.

The snow leopard looked around the room, seeing all the open lunchboxes they packed. While he looked at them, his stomach grumbled. "Ah shit, I forgot to eat lunch." He exasperated, grabbing his stomach. Beomgyu snickered at Taehyun, making the snow leopard hybrid glare at him. "I'll go to the nearest convenience store with you to get some instant noodles then." Soobin offered, making Taehyun nod. Taehyun wasn't very pleased with eating instant noodles, but it was still better than training Jimin on an empty stomach.

They jogged to the convenience store, picking out instant noodles that weren't spicy along with a few snacks and drinks. Once they gave it to the cashier, Soobin realized that he didn't bring his wallet. Panicked, he went through his pockets. When there was nothing inside, he turned to Taehyun. "Hey, did you bring any money? I forgot to bring my wallet." He asked urgently. Taehyun just snickered at him in response, showing Soobin the wallet he brought. "I brought mine."

An hour passed, and Taehyun had finished his instant noodles. He admit that they were better than he thought they would be, but that was probably because he almost never eats instant noodles. Now, he was sharing a bag of chips with Beomgyu. He had almost attacked Beomgyu when the wolf hybrid took the piece of chip he was going to grab on numerous occasions. Soobin was glad that they didn't fight or else Jimin's office would've been destroyed.

Soon, Jimin entered his office to see Taehyun quarrelling with Beomgyu about chips. "You ate my chips!" He yelled, pointing his finger at Beomgyu. "Well bitch, that was mine!" He yelled back, prepared to scratch Taehyun. Jimin looked at Soobin, who looked like a stressed mother trying to calm her fighting children. He laughed loudly, stopping the argument that Taehyun had with Beomgyu. "So.... do you want to start now?" Taehyun asked, trying to distract Jimin's attention.

"We might as well start then." Jimin replied, grabbing one of the darts on the floor. The first thing Taehyun did was show Jimin how to properly hold a dart. Jimin thought it felt weird at first, but he did it anyway. Taehyun hung the target on the wall, throwing one of the darts at it. It landed exactly in the middle, making Jimin drop his jaw. "How much training did you need to get it that exact?" He asked, making the snow leopard hybrid shrug. "About a week of nonstop practice.

Jimin's hands trembled, nervous to throw the dart in his hand. Taehyun grabbed his trembling hand and held it steady. "When you throw the dart at the target, don't think of anything else except for the target. If you think of anything else, it'll distract you and prevent the dart from hitting the target. Imagine the target is the person you hate the most, and the middle is their heart. Aim at their heart to kill them, that's the key." Taehyun advised, letting go of Jimin's hand.

Jimin took a deep breath and threw the dart as hard as he could at the target. He opened his eyes to see that the dart was almost exactly at the centre. Beomgyu and Yeonjun gasped, Soobin's eyes widened and Taehyun's jaw dropped. Soobin patted Jimin on the shoulder. "Congrats, you're a natural. Just a bit more practice and you'll be hitting the bullseye like it's nothing." Jimin smiled at Soobin's praising.

Before Jimin could thank him, Taehyun interrupted him. "Throw ten darts at the target. Try to get as many bullseyes as you can." He ordered, making Jimin nod and throw the darts Taehyun handed him. He threw one dart after another each of them hitting the target. Eight out of ten of those targets hit the bullseye. Jimin internally thanked Taeyong for being his motivation. As Jimin went to remove the darts, Taehyun started speaking again.

"We're going to lace the darts with snake venom during the real thing, so don't touch the sharper part of it. Don't focus on the venom, just act as if it's a normal dart." He informed, making Jimin shiver. "What kind of venom are you lacing it with?" He asked, making Taehyun shrug. "I have a friend who's a black mamba snake hybrid. I'll just ask him for some of his venom." He replied. Jimin shivered at the thought of accidentally touching the deadly venom laced on the dart.

Noticing how uneasy Jimin was, Soobin attempted to reassure him. "Don't worry, you likely won't even touch the venom laced on the dart. Even a bit of venom from a black mamba is enough to be deadly. We won't put too much of the venom onto the darts, just a bit." He said, making Jimin sigh in relief. "I still don't know how I feel about putting venom on darts. I mean, if I was aiming at Taeyong, I would be completely fine with it, but what about the innocent people in the organization?"

Yeonjun sighed. "Sometimes, you just have to kill anyone in your path at happiness, even the innocents. Once you've done this type of work for long enough, you'll realize that sometimes killing the guilty ones aren't enough. If it makes you feel better, we can give you the antidote to save the innocent people you shoot. Black mamba venom takes about 15 minutes to activate, so you most likely won't be able to save all the victims." Yeonjun said, making Jimin nod. Taehyun just sighed.

"The antidote takes a month to make. Do you think we can make it in time?"