Chapter 5

A week passed and it was time for Jimin to gather all the materials for his 4 new hybrid products. He was very thankful that such famous, influencial hybrids were willing to lend him a hand when he was a nobody. It took him and Jungkook an entire week to finish the cake and the cake wasn't even very big.

Ever since Jungkook entered his life, his way of living has gotten a lot easier. His company is earning more profit slowly but surely and he no longer had to buy meals from the convenience store. He was now eating homemade meals made my him and Jungkook daily.

Although he knew that there were obviously things that Jungkook didn't want him to know, he had the feeling that Jungkook was becoming even more secretive this past week. His constant bunny smile and cheerful behaviour gave him the vibe that something was wrong but Jungkook didn't want to tell him.

Jimin didn't ask though, as he didn't want Jungkook to think that he was suspicious of him when Jungkook thought that he already earned his trust. He knew that Jungkook didn't have to tell him anything if he didn't want to. He had things that he didn't want Jungkook to know, so it would make sense for Jungkook to do the same.

Jungkook helped Jimin prepare for work that morning and fed him his breakfast. He said his goodbyes and waited until he knew for sure that Jimin left the apartment. From there, he used his phone to dial his own little group of hybrids that he gathered over the years of living.

He texted his assistant, Namjoon to spread the news. "I did some research during the past week and discovered a cult going by the name of Hybrids of Salvation. It was founded by Lee Taeyong and Johnny Suh. The cult strives to change the world so that humans are slaves or pets while hybrids live at the top of the world. Please warn all the hybrids you know to spread the word and not join. They're using illegal brainwashing methods to 'save' hybrids and humans alike." Jungkook hit the 'send' button and waited for Namjoon to reply.

"Damn, that sounds like a really corrupt organization. I never would've thought that Taeyong and Johnny would be behind all of this. Don't worry, I'll spread it around and make sure that no more hybrids will join this organization. I don't really know how we can tell the humans about this without making it a big deal and having it end up on the news. You know how humans are, and Taeyong will hunt you down once he finds out that you were the one who spread the news, starting with Jimin." Namjoon texted back with a face full of worry as he sat in his office.

"I don't really know how we can avoid making this a big deal. For now, I should probably hide it from Jimin just in case he panicks. I don't want to stress him out and get all paranoid the moment he walks out of the apartment. For now, I think we should just keep it a secret and try to take care of it on our own. Tell everyone to tell the least amount of humans possible." Jungkook responded, clearly stressed about this situation.

"Alright, understood. Do you know exactly what kind of brainwashing method used? Maybe some kind of drug? Or maybe it's just classic manipulation? If we had more details of exactly what kind of brainwashing they use, it would be more effective." Namjoon asked Jungkook through text.

"I'm not sure about that. It seems as if they have a hacker or some intelligence agent to cover up their tracks. I was lucky to even be fortunate enough to find the small amount of information I gathered. I don't know how large their organization is or how much they're brainwashing innocents. I'm assuming they're using both methods. Classic brainwashing for naive victims and drugs for victims that are harder to manipulate. Whatever happens, we have to keep all of this research undercover. The world will be thrown into chaos once the word goes out." Jungkook assumed as he texted all the evidence and speculation he had through text.

"I see. For now, I'll tell everyone to act as normal as possible. As you said, this has to stay undercover and confidential. If someone acts scared or terrified of Taeyong in any way, he might become suspicious of us and assume that we figured out his secret. If possible, I'd like to end the organization peacefully, but we know that it doesn't always go that way. We literally had to go through a war just to fight for the rights of hybrids. This world is corrupt, and Taeyong's organization is one of the things that make it even more corrupt." Namjoon responded quickly before sending the information to the remaining hybrids on his list of contacts.

"I agree, I would like this to end as peacefully as possible. You know that the only reason why I resorted to war against the humans was because the humans of that era wouldn't change no matter how much the hybrids protested. I hate bloodshed more than anything, but I don't mind resorting to it if the situation becomes that dire. If Taeyong finds out and declares war on us, tell him that we'll gladly participate." Jungkook texted back, waiting for Namjoon to respond.

"Judging by Taeyong's current personality, I doubt that we'll get out of this without any bloodshed at all. He's one of the most ruthless hybrids I've ever met. He's malicious, evil and cold to the touch. His glare is literally ice cold. Taeyong is no doubt a very good manipulator as well. There's no way that he's bad at it if his evil organization already grew this much. I just wonder how and when our relationship with him became this bad." Namjoon replied sadly.

"Taeyong wasn't always like this. If you told me two millenniums ago that he would end up this way, I would've never believed you. He used to be one of the kindest, sweetest people you could ever meet. I don't know when he started changing, but I regret not stopping it sooner. I don't want to go against him and become enemies, but I don't think I have much of an option." Jungkook sighed while he typed. He really did treasure Taeyong a lot. He just didn't know when and where everything went wrong.

"It isn't your fault, Jungkook. We lost contact with him about a few centuries ago and thought he would be doing just fine. None of us knew that he would end up this way. Even if we did, we would've never known that his personality would take a complete 180 like this. It was out of our control. He chose to take the wrong path and now the only thing we can do is attempt to bring out the good in him again." Namjoon reassured Jungkook through text. He was starting to get many shocked replies of all the hybrids he knew, including Seokjin.

Jungkook was about to reply, but Jimin came home earlier than usual. Jungkook quickly sent one last message before going to greet Jimin. "Thanks for trying to reassure me. I'm just disappointed in myself and Taeyong. Anyway, I have to leave now. Jimin came home earlier than usual and I have to go and greet him. Ttyl."

Jungkook got up from the couch and greeted Jimin with a hug, taking his bag and putting it on the floor. He didn't realize how hungry he was until his stomach growled embarassingly loud while he hugged Jimin, making the shorter man giggle. He laughed sheepishly before gathering a few ingredients to make some food for the two of them.

After finishing their food about an hour later, they washed all the dishes and put them in the cupboards. They grabbed a blanket, a few snacks and turned out the lights to watch a scary movie together. Jungkook laughed at Jimin everytime he got startled by the jumpscares. Jimin thought Jungkook was paying attention to the movie, but in reality Jungkook's mind was wandering back to Taeyong and his cult.

"Taeyong, tell me something. Where did it go wrong?"