Chapter 21

Jimin came back home later than usual to see Namjoon and Jungkook pacing around the living room, seemingly deep in thought. He didn't have any idea what was happening, but he decided to ignore them and go upstairs to sleep. When he made it up the stairs, he heard Namjoon and Jungkook whispering to each other.

"So I just ignore the message and prepare for an attack just in case, right?" Jungkook whispered loudly. Jimin heard it and didn't understand what was going on. What did he mean by 'ignore the message and prepare for an attack?' "Just lay low for a while. We don't want people targetting you." Namjoon whispered back.

Jimin wanted to hear more, but he knew that Jungkook and Namjoon were whispering because they didn't want him to hear. He went to his room and got ready for bed, but then remembered that he didn't have a chance to eat dinner yet. Groaning, he went back downstairs and microwaved some leftovers from the day before. He grabbed some chopsticks and the food, going upstairs to eat.

He noticed that Namjoon and Jungkook immediately stopped talking when he entered the living room, and that pissed him off. He was going have to have a talk with Jungkook later on about hiding things from him. He hated how Jungkook made him seem useless when he really wasn't. Maybe that was just him hating being belittled, but he deserved to know what was going on as well.

Jimin realized that he actually knew nearly nothing about Jungkook other than the fact that he was a hybrid who ended the discrimination of all hybrids by gathering all the hybrids around the world. Other than that, he really knew nothing about him except for the fact that he somehow has rich, influencial hybrids as his friends.

Jungkook, on the other hand knew a few things about Jimin. Jimin assumed that Jungkook did some kind of background check on him, considering he has a group of hackers working for him. Jimin wondered if he knew about what kind of shitty family he had in the past. He wasn't ready to tell Jungkook yet, not when he knew absolutely nothing about Jungkook. If Jungkook really did do a background check on him, he would be enraged.

The bunny hybrid was desperate to hide the message from his soulmate. He didn't want Jimin know that there were people coming after him. Jungkook knew that Taeyong was plotting something against him for years, but he didn't know why. He hasn't had any contact with Taeyong for a while and now the tiger hybrid wants to kill him?

He felt betrayed. He didn't choose Taeyong to be immortal with him just to have him stab him in the back like this. When he was given his immortality, he was able to choose a small group of people to be immortal with him. He chose Taehyung, Yoongi, Hoseok, Seokjin, Namjoon, Yuta and of course, Taeyong. Taeyong's personality was completely different back then. Despite being a tiger hybrid, he acted more like a bunny hybrid.

Jungkook expected Yuta to try and help Taeyong. After all, they were best friends since they were five. What he didn't expect was Taeyong being ruthless towards his best friend, beating him and throwing him in a jail cell. Back then, prey and predator hybrids weren't allowed to be friends. Yuta told Jungkook how Taeyong went through hell and back to be his friend.

He didn't recognize this Taeyong anymore. Taeyong changed so much, he didn't know if this Taeyong was the same cuddly, sweet Taeyong he knew over two millenniums ago. He remembered how Taeyong and Yuta used to be inseperable. They were very clingy, and you could easily mistaken them to be lovers when they were actually just best friends.

A part of Jungkook wanted to tell Yuta to just let go of Taeyong and find new friends. Yuta's relationship with Taeyong turned toxic, and he didn't even know when. He knew how much Yuta treasured Taeyong, and it hurt to see Yuta fight for Taeyong when he knew that Taeyong wouldn't do the same anymore. He didn't know if he would even be considered as Taeyong's friend anymore.