Funeral

Jordan's POV:

As I lull Colby to sleep by playing with his hair. Kat speaks up "I'm worried about Colby" She says extremely concerned. "Me too" Sam and I say in unison. "He can't mentally handle this Jordan" Sam says softly so Colby won't wake up and hear us. "I know Sam but he has the right to say goodbye" My dad did the funeral for as soon as possible so it is tomorrow at 11:00 am.I'm shocked that we didn't even get to say goodbye, especially Colby because he didn't get to say goodbye to his biological mom either so I knew this was taking a toll on him. When my dad told us that she was gone Sam and I quickly walked over to dad and hugged him. When I pulled away from the hug is when it broke me. Kat was on the floor hugging Colby while he was in her arms sobbing. I could see tears in Kat's eyes as well but none of us ere compared to my dad and Colby right now, not even Sam and I. After dad told us that we went to bed in the spare bedroom because he didn't want to sleep in their bedroom. I could see it in Colby's eyes that shut everything off and only my mom as in his thoughts right now. I feel so bad for him right now I can't even explain, HELL I don't think I could even explain it to myself. "We have to keep a close eye on Colby" I explained to Sam and Katrina. "Definitely" Sam replied he said rubbing Colby's leg. I sat there and just held Colby. Sam and Kat and dozed off quick and I then fell asleep soon after them. I am woken up the next morning by Sam tapping me. "Sis come o we have to get ready" He whispers. I see that Colby is no longer on me anymore. I walk into the bathroom and get ready. I walk out into the living room to see Colby with his head in his hands in a black suit. Sam is wearing the same thing and Kat has on a black dress. I wore almost the same thing as Katrina. I get closer to them to realize Colby is crying. Sam is sitting beside Colby rubbing his back. My dad then walks out in his black tuxedo he wore on their wedding day. "Are you guys ready" He says with a regretful tone as he frowns looking down at his wedding ring. We all get into my dads car and arrive at the funeral home. We walk in and Sam and I were not prepared. We take the corner and I see her laying in a casket completely lifeless. Colby took one look and then jerked his head in the opposite direction. Sam and Kat went into the room with dad as i walked over to Colby who was crying into his hands. "Baby" I say sobbing as I pull him into a hug. He eventually hugs me back. I compose myself and grab Colby's hand. We walk in the room to see all family and friends sitting in silence looking down at their feet or sadly looking to the front of the room where my mom is laying. Colby and I walk slowly to the casket and get on our knees. I finish and praying and stand up but Colby doesn't follow. I leave him there and join Sam and Kat who are sitting a couple feet away. I faintly start to hear Colby say something "I love you much mom, thank you for taking me in as your own and being there for me, I will make you proud" Colby turns around and starts to walk towards us and looks to the other side of the room. I look in the direction he is looking and I see his father standing there. I smack Sam on the shoulder to get his attention and motion toward the other side of the room. Sam instantly gets up but its too late. Colby is already pushing his dad out of the room. "Get the fuck out you do not belong here" Colby screams. Sam is trying to get Colby to calm down but it isn't working. Colby finally snapped. He grabs his father by the shoulder and drags him out of the funeral home. "I don't ever want to see your face ever again as long as I fucking live, do you understand those words, why are you here huh, cause it sure as hell isn't to pay your respects. You've come here to gloat" Colby screams in his dads face as Sam, Kat, and I watch the whole thing, I then realize my dad is standing behind us. Colby tells his father to leave he starts to walk away but then punches Colby straight in the jaw making him fall to the ground and hit his head. I run over to him and pick up his head and say his name over and over again and his eyes flutter open. "I'm okay" He says. After he hit Colby I saw fire in my dads eyes. He walked up to Colby's father and punched him so hard to the point that he stumbled back. He held Colby's father "Daniel" up against the pillar outside and continuously punched him. Sam, Colby and I were in shock an also scared because we have never seen this mad before, EVER. "You ever touch my son o come near him again, I will fucking kill you do you understand me" He screams in Daniels face. "That would be amazing considering I could then screw your wife in HELL" Daniels screams back in my dads face. Before I can even grab him Colby shoots up and moves dad out of the way and proceeds to punch his father knocking him to the ground. At this point Colby was on top of Daniel putting all of his strength into the punches he threw. We saw Daniel then black out but Colby still kept hitting him and then started to scream at him. "You MOTHERFUCKING piece of shit, i wish you died instead of my mother you fucking asshole" Sam went to go grab Colby off of Daniel but i grabs Sam's arm and shook my head. My dad walked up behind Colby and dragged him off of Daniel with the help of my three uncles. Colby is strong as fuck especially when he blacks out when he gets too mad. He doesn't remember anything after a certain point. He was so exhausted and beat that when Dad and my uncles brought him over he practically fell into Sam and I's arms. I looked at him and tried to calm him down as my uncles dealt with Daniel. "It's okay baby its all over, your okay" I said to him as his angry blue eyes turned to the eyes that are the soft baby blue eyes that I love so very much. After everything settled down my dad walked over to us and cupped Colby's face with his hands. "Are you okay son" He asks concerned. "Yes Dad" Colby reply's. My dad starts to get tears in his eyes and speaks to all three of us now. "I will protect all three of you until the day I die you are my kids, you know that I love you right" We all nod as we hug dad tight. We all walk back in and finish the service and then go back home. We all get out of the car but I realize that Colby walked straight into the bathroom. OH SHIT NO. Sam and I exchange looks as we panic as Sam, Kat and I run to the door. We hear shallow breathing and then a big thump. We bust down the door to see Colby on the bathroom floor with a pill bottle on the floor next to him."NO COLBY NO" I scream running over to him picking up his limp body. His eyes flutter open and he looks at me. "I'm so sorry I let you down, Sam you take care of her" He says weakly. "NO you are you BIG FUCK" Sam screams as he pick up Colby under his arms and takes him to the toilet. He sticks his hand in Colby's mouth and Colby throws up all the pills he took. Colby lays back on Sam's chest and sobs and says I'm sorry over and over. Sam just sits there rubbing Colby's forehead with his palm while rocking back and forth. "I know Colby, I know, It's okay, It's okay" Sam says comforting Colby as we sit on the bathroom floor calming him down.