Distant

Colby's POV:

I got home after going out to breakfast with the guys and I walked up stairs and into my room to see Jordan asleep. I walk over to our bed and brush her beautiful blond hair out of her face when I feel someone watching me. I look into the doorway and see Sam smiling at Jordan while leaning against the door frame. "She loves you so much Colby" He says starting to cry. "I love her so much too" I say getting up and hugging him. Sam starts to cry and I know something is up. "Bro what is wrong, what happened" I asked concerned. "Mom is in the hospital" Sam says sobbing. "WHAT" Sam and I turn our heads to Jordan who is now awake. "Jordan" I say as I see her about to cry. Sam looked at me and just looked at the ground. "We need to go back home Jordan" Sam says looking at Jordan now. Jordan nods her head in agreement. She then glances at me for my approval. I then start to talk "If you guys are coming, I'm coming too because she is my mom too" She was like my mom after my real mom died. I don't think I can handle this mentally again. We packed and told everyone what happened and where we were going. We got a flight to Kansas. Katrina decided to come with us so it was the four of us. Elton dropped us off at the airport and we went through security and were sitting at the gate waiting for the plane to arrive. Jordan laid her head on my shoulder and fell asleep. I sat there with no emotions what so ever and Sam could tell. Kat fell asleep on Sam's shoulder. Sam looked at me and said something but i was completely zoned out in my thoughts. Suddenly I see fingers in front of my face snapping. "Earth to Colby, Hello" Sam says quietly. "Sorry" I say not looking at him. "Colby are you okay?" Sam asked. I knew he knew the answer already and was seeing if I was going to lie to him. I kept looking at floor and felt tears fall from my eyes. This was so hard on me because this was bringing memories of when my own mother died. I can't handle it. I start to sob and feel Sam rub my shoulder. "I know man, I know" Sam says quietly. I just sat there and cried while the girls were sleeping because I don't want Jordan to see me like this again. She already saw me like this during that fight with Brian before graduation. I didn't want her to see me like this again. I saw her start to wake up and she lifted off of me and checked her phone. I stood up and went into the bathroom. I walked into the stall and locked it and stood there and sobbed. All of a sudden I hear the bathroom door swing open. I know she isn't even my mom but she was there for me when my own father wasn't and when my mom died. "Colby talk to me" Sam said as he walked to the stall door. I opened it and fell into his arms and cried. He sat there and just held me and rubbed my chest telling me I will get through this. After a while I calmed down and composed my self and we went back out to the girls. I waited until my eyes weren't puffy anymore because I didn't want Jordan to notice. After about 10 minutes the flight attendants tells us to board the plane. We get in the plane and I am sitting in the middle of Sam and Jordan with Katrina on the other side of Sam. We take off and after a while I feel my eyes start to get heavier and heavier the longer I try to stay awake. I decided to just let myself drift off but that was a mistake. I had a bad nightmare and was woken up by Sam nudging me awake. "Hey you alright brother" Sam whispers. "My nightmares" I used to have really bad nightmares after my mom died. I was in a downward spiral right now and I don't know how to stop it. "Colby that isn't good the last time you had nightmares w-." "When your mom died" Jordan said sitting up. "You think I don't know when something is wrong with you. How many times have I told you that you are not weak it is okay to break sometimes, you don't have to be strong all the time and you sure as fuck can't hold it all in either" I bit my lips so they don't quiver and look down at my feet. I feel Jordan's small hand on my chin and move my head towards her. "Its okay, not to be okay Colby" She whispers as she kisses my forehead. I lay on her chest and start to cry. She runs her nails through my hair while saying everything will be okay. I can't believe I'm saying this but I might actually snap this time and I don't think I can stop it. We finally get off the plane and head straight home. We walk in and see Sam's dad on the couch crying looking at us. "Dad don't even say it, don't you dare say it" Jordan says crying. I look at him and he looks at me and says "She died 30 minutes ago" I lost it I feel to my knees at Kat caught me. Sam and Jordan were hugging dad. He then looked my way and came over to me and hugged me. "I know this is hard for you son" He whispered as he kissed the top of my head as I sobbed into my dads chest. He was my dad, he wasn't biological but he didn't have to be to be a father figure. My father was a piece of shit that never cared for anyone but himself. After about 5 minutes of me crying in my "dad's" arms. I stand up to see Jordan just looking at me. I walked over her and she played with my hair and it lulled me right to sleep. I faintly heard Sam, Kat, and Jordan talking but I heard Kat say "I'm worried about Colby" then darkness of sleep took over.