Chapter 3.17

HERE IT IS BITCH. THE VERY LAST CHAPTER. I'M SO EXCITED BIT AT THE SAME TIME I JUST DON'T WANT THIS PART TO END BECAUSE BELIEVE IT OR NOT THE NEXT TWO BOOKS ARE GONNA GET DEPRESSING AS FUCK. 

Thank you all so much, whether this is the first chapter you've read or if you've read from the first chapter. Every read, every comment and every vote means more to me than anyone will ever know. Thank you so much. I cannot express how humbling this entire experience with this book was. This was the first fanfiction I've posted on this website. I was expecting to get at most 4000 reads by the time this was over, but my expectations have been more than tripled. Currently, this stands at 18000 and just looking at that number alone is surreal. Despite that, I could care less about the number of reads this gets. The fact that I have written this and you are reading it is all I care about. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. 

I just designed the cover for I Was Blind Before and I really hope you all like it and the story. 

Thank you. 

Now, for the last time in this book, HERE WE GO! 

CHAPTER 3.17; DYLAN'S POV:

"Wait, so she didn't even call you or anything after that? Dude, that is fucked up on so many levels," Eli gasped. If Eli was out of breath, though, that made me completely suffocating. Working out was never a strength of mine, but when she invited me to go on a run with her, I thought it would be a nice time. Five miles later, Eli is only beginning to feel winded whereas I left my lungs behind at about the half mile mark. 

"Can- we- please- slow- down?" I huffed. I felt my entire body coated in sweat in places I didn't even know could get sweaty, like behind my ears and down my sternum. She, on the other hand, only looked a little rosy in the cheeks. Fuck exercise. 

"Oh, sorry!" she exclaimed. "We can power walk for the next mile or so." 

"Thank heavens," I shuddered. 

"But anyway Dyl, it's been a month since that whole debacle went down, and you still haven't even seen Lauren? How could you go for so long pretending you don't even know her when you guys were like peas and carrots?" 

"I mean, before that we went a few months without speaking, so the silence is nothing new," I said, "It just sucks, you know. I feel like I've been played, like I'm some sort of pawn or something for her amusement. I hate feeling this way." I felt pathetic telling Eli all of this, but I knew she wouldn't be prejudiced at all. 

"Well, don't beat yourself up on in. It wasn't your fault." Eli flashed me a small smile where her lips doubled in size and I could just see her teeth from under them. "And, uh, don't despair, my friend. I'm here." I couldn't help but to grin. Eli was right. I was here with her in this moment and that's all that mattered for the moment.

"So, are people, you know, talking about it?" I asked. I know they were my friends and everything, but I still felt very nervous around them at times. It's like they were my second family and I couldn't afford to mess it up. I cringed slightly at the very thought.

"Um, actually, a tad," Eli admitted, refusing to make eye contact with me and her cheeks red like a raspberry. "But- but it's nothing bad! I mean, yeah, they were mad at you before and all when it first went down, but now everyone is mad at her. I mean, how could you not be? The way she just used you and manipulated her as her own puppet is sickening, even if I was mad at you I would never do that and she just violated every law on the stance of being a good human being!" Eli's face was no longer flushed red with embarrassment but rage. It was almost cute when she would get so heated about something like this.