Chapter 10

Chapter 10 already! What is this madness?

I'm sure you're just going skip past my little rambles and go straight to the story. Hey, I would too. I left you for a terrible cliffhanger. I'm evil. EVERY VILLAIN IS LEMONS. 

Please excuse myself. I became a child again.

But I am a Starkid, therefore am I a child?

Pressing world questions.

CHAPTER 10; ELI'S POV:

He reeked of alcohol. It was on his clothes, his hair, and his tongue, which was pressing into my mouth. I used my arms and pushed him off. He looked dazed, but pleased in a drunk way. I brought my fist back to punch him, but sadly, I was too slow.

I don't know who hit him first, Noah or Joe. But both punched his face, Joe on his eye and Noah on his nose. Blood was spurted from Dylan's face, blinding me in red, as he, almost comically, spun on one foot and collapsed on my floor. I guess, with muscles like they possessed, it was enough to knock someone out.

I felt arms behind me, protecting me. Meredith. "Shh, shh," she whispered in my ear. I came to the realization I was screaming. She took her finger and wiped blood off my face. "You're okay Eli, shh." I felt tears form in my eyes, but they didn't show themselves until I looked at Noah.

His knuckles were bloody from where he hit Dylan, his eyes roaring with an angry fire. I completely lost it, collapsing in his arms and sobbing into hit costume. "He-was-just-like-mom!" I yelled into his shirt, losing my breath in my cry. Either the party became silent, or all sound was drowned out by my crying. I felt Noah's arms encase me, holding me tightly, like many nights when we were young.

I released myself from Noah and flung my body at Joe. His coconut bra was off, so I sobbed into his bare chest. I felt him stroking my hair, trying to calm down my hysterics. But I couldn't calm.

Memories were flooding back. My past, which I thought I forgot forever, was making its ugly reappearance in my mind. It made me feel weak, vulnerable, but I didn't care. Being in Joe's arms was like a safety blanket, a protector. His muscles, which just knocked out someone, were now comforting me. "Shh, shh, you're okay beautiful," he cooed in my ear softly. 

My sense of hearing came back. Murmuring throughout the room erupted. I heard Noah softly explain the ordeal with my mother and why I hated alcohol, then mottled gasps. I picked up someone walking towards Dylan. "Is he okay?" Julia asked softly. I pretended not to hear, rustling deeper in Joe's chest.

"I don't care. He deserves it," I heard a thick British accent. Georgia.

"Who will take him, though?" Julia asked. The crowd was silent.

"I will," piped up Lauren, who seemed sober now. I suddenly felt hot and embarrassed. I was in hysterics in front of all my idols! I broke apart from Joe and addressed the crowd. 

"Well, it was a f-fun party while it l-lasted," I stammered. There were a few chuckles. "You guys should probably call taxis. Or get a ride with Julia." They nodded as everyone left at once, Jim and Clark hauling Dylan's limp body. All that remained were Noah and Joe.

"Thanks guys," I said sheepishly. "You're the best brother and boyfriend... ever." Joe kissed my cheek as Noah nodded sternly.

"You don't need to stay Noah. I said I'll help her clean," said Joe from behind my ear. Noah nodded and left without another word.

I looked up at Joe in silence. I had no idea what to say, a thanks, cry again.

He seemed to have the same idea, because he pressed his lips on mine. I closed my eyes, feeling the difference between Dylan's rough kiss and Joe's soft, sweet, reassuring dance. His hands pulled me into a hug. It was that kiss that I felt something I've never felt before. A sort of attachment from Joe's lips to mine. It was if he was putting his soul into my body. I chest inflated like a balloon with... with love. He pulled apart, which seemed like the worst absence ever, and pressed his forehead to mine.