Chapter 9

I park the car in front of a series of tall buildings. I sit back in my chair and glance at Louise, who's sitting in the passenger's seat next to me, texting on her phone. Once she puts her phone away, we both get out of the car and unpack the trunk, placing Louise's suitcases on the curb. Once the trunk is empty, I help carry Louise's suitcases to the huge middle building, which is the dorms building. I can't believe I've spent the last 4 days with Louise, but now it's time for her to go to college. Once we enter the huge building, Lousie walks over to a counter and hands the lady behind it her ID and her class course list. A few seconds later, the lady hands Louise a key and smiles at her. Louise and I both return the favor. We turn around and walk down a series of hallways together, before we find her room. 8936. Louise inserts the key and swings the door open, closing it immediately once we're both in the room. Louise places her suitcases on the floor next to one of the beds, then sits on the bed, letting out a deep sigh. I sit next to her, placing my hand on her leg.

"You'll do great."

She looks up at me, staring into my eyes. After a while, she smiles at me and puts her hand in mine. After sitting in silence for a bit, she falls back onto the bed and stares up at the ceiling.

"This is all so new to me."

"Yeah, I don't blame you for being nervous. If you ever need anything, just call me."

I lay down onto the bed next to her, taking her into my arms. She lays her head on my chest and I kiss her forehead. After lying there for what seemed like 5 minutes, there was a knock on the door, followed by the noise of a key turning. Before either of us could process the situation, a girl with long blonde hair entered the room, pulling a suitcase behind her. Once she turned to face us, she waved at Lousie, then continued with what she was doing. Confused, I sat up, eyeing the blonde girl, then looking at Louise, a confused look on my face. Louise giggled at my facial expression, then got up and hugged the blonde girl from behind.

"Jerome, this is Francesca. She's like my best friend ever."

Francesca smiled at me.

"Hey Jerome! I've heard a lot about you."

I jokingly glare at Louise, and she laughs at my reaction.

"Nothing bad, Jerome, I swear!" She holds her hands out in front of her, as if trying to defend herself. I jump off the bed and tackle her, pinning her to the ground and kissing her. She's trying to stand up, but can't because she's laughing too hard. Suddenly, a women with short dark brown hair sticks her head in the room.

"There's an assembly starting in 10 minutes, I suggest you guys head to the West building soon. My name's Tiffany, by the way." Tiffany smiles at us.

"You better get going, Jerome." Louise exclaims, getting up off the ground and looking up at me.

"Yeah, I should. Text me when you get the chance, okay?"

"For sure."

"I'll walk you to the West building, then I'll go."

I take her hand in mine and walk out of the room, with Francesca tagging close behind us. After walking for 2 minutes, we reach the bulding, where there are dozens of college students filing through the large arched entranceway. I give Lousie a quick kiss.

"I'll see you very soon." I say, looking into her dark brown eyes.

"Yeah. I love you."

"Love you too."

Francesca pulls on Louise's arm and Louise follows her into the large building, disappearing out of sight. Once she's gone, I turn around and make my way to my car, letting out a large sigh. I'm really gonna miss Louise.