Chapter 21

I have no idea how to respond to this text.

I mean, I really like him, and I know that I'm just mad right now. I should get over it soon, but I don't know if things will be the same.

He made out with me. And he put his hand in my pants. That's a definite sign that he likes me. But right after that, he wouldn't let me kiss him or he just dismissed me when I brought up the make out session from before.

Why'd he put his hand in my jeans in the first place? It would've been much easier if he didn't. Maybe if he didn't, we could've broken up and still remained friends. Now that his hand was inches away from my dick, there's no possible way for us to be friends without sexual tension, because it seemed like we both wanted it.

I wonder if he still wants it.

I decide to finally respond to his text.

"Idk, do u want to?"

I return to my thoughts after sending it.

It's complicated, because I do want to stay with him. He's amazing, and I could spend every moment of my life with him. We've been friends forever, but being in a relationship with him is even better. I honestly don't give a shit if he acts like a little shit at times, because he's so fucking worth it.

It's like now every time I see him, I feel like my heart could jump out of my chest. And just knowing that sometimes I'm the cause of his smile makes me so fucking happy. I would never want to be the cause of his suffering, because that would kill me on the inside.

He's so perfectly imperfect. He gets mad, and sometimes he's selfish and overly confident, but he makes up for it by being kind and gentle and honest and concerned for my well-being. And he's so fucking innocent, since he's never been in a real relationship before me.

When he was younger, like in his teenage years, he was a player. All the girls would want him because he's so damn hot, that he would just have a one-time thing with them. And in his late teen years, he realized how amazing he is and stopped accepting girls' pleas for affection and just stayed single for so long. And then I guess he started liking me and he had all these hormones built up from being a teenager that he just released them onto me. And then released some onto Jessica. And maybe a bit on Ashley.

How does he stay with me? I mean, I'm nothing special. I'm overly friendly to others and sometimes I let them walk all over me, and I commit too easily, and I make unrealistic plans and build myself up for moments that never end up actually happening.

But for some reason, he loves me. And I love him. That's just how it works.

My phone buzzes again and I look down at it, since I never locked it after sending the text.

"No 😔"

I shouldn't have left.

"Skype now" I type and send.

My computer rings with the familiar Skype sound a few moments later and I answer without hesitation.

"I'm so fucking sorry." I see Mitch say as he looks on his screen. He's wearing his Benja hoodie and he's holding the cuffs in his hands, since the sleeves are a bit too long.

"It's fine, really." I respond as I flash him a smile. I was right about myself; I really am too forgiving.

"I didn't mean to." He continues, but I refuse to let him.

"It's okay. I really did want to return home for a bit, so I'm not mad at you. I don't want to fight with you, so we can just spend some time apart until PAX South."