Chapter 8

Bzzzzzz.

What the hell is that noise?

Bzzzzzz.

Putting my hands into fists, I rub my eyes, still trying to figure out where that noise is coming from. Once my eyes have focused, I get out of bed and follow the sound, which leads to my phone sitting on the floor. Once I pick it up, I turn around and stop right in my tracks. It takes me a while to realize who is lying in my bed. Louise. I smile internally, remembering everything that happened the night before.

Once we had entered my room, we just talked for a while. We discussed everything we could possibly think of; video games, colleges, family, you name it. After talking for a good 3 hours, it was really late, so we just cuddled and watched Netflix. We must've fallen asleep doing so, because I don't remember anything after that.

I look down at my phone and unlock it, revealing a new text message. It's from Mitch.

"Heading down to England for a few days to see Ashley, wanna come?"

"Nah G, hanging with my new gf before she leaves for college. Maybe another time."

After hitting send, I lock my phone and set it on my bedside table. I head to the bathroom and begin splashing water in my face. A few seconds of silence pass by before I hear the familiar sound of Skype echoing from my office. I quickly walk into my office and take a seat on my chair, sticking my right headphone into my ear. I press "Answer with video." Suddenly, Mitch's face appears on the screen.

"WHAAAAAATTTTTTT?!" He screams, almost making my ears bleed. He's sitting on his bed with his jaw dropped and his arms flailing around.

"What?" I respond, knowing exactly what he's going to say next.

"You have a girlfriend?! Since when?!"

I knew it.

"Yeah, I met her last night at a nightclub, she's so chill." I can see myself blushing.

"So you met her yesterday...?"

"Yeah." I can feel a smile spreading across my face.

"And she's your... girlfriend."

"Yeah, what's your point?" My smile disappears.

"Well, you just met her last night. At a nightclub. Doesn't that seem a bit sketchy?"

"Not to me, it doesn't." I can't help but get a bit defensive.

"Okay then. One more thing, was she drunk?"

"Y-Yeah, but she wasn't that drunk. I could tell she was being sincere." I look down at the floor, questioning my decisions. Mitch looks at me, one eyebrow raised.

"How do you know that she really was being sincere? She was drunk."

"How do you know she WASN'T being sincere?" I look up into his worried eyes, an angry expression on my face. I was getting more and more mad by the second.

"Look, Jerome, I don't want to make you mad, but we both know what it's like to hook up with someone who we didn't mean to hook up with." He looks at me with concerned eyes. I know exactly what he's talking about. I look down at the floor again, frowning to myself.

"Don't make a wrong decision before you regret it." He whispers, leaning closer to his computer.

"I can take care of myself, I know what I'm doing." I croak. Mitch sighs.

After sitting in silence for what seemed like forever, I hear a knock on my door. I lean back in my chair and look at the door, calling 'Come in!'. Louise enters the room and closes the door behind her, walking over to me and looking at my computer.

"What are you watching?" She asks, observing Mitch, as he is now looking at his phone.

"That's just my friend. Say hi, Mitch."

"Hi." His eyes are still glued to his phone as he says that, showing that he has no interest in Louise whatsoever.

"Hey Mitch! How's it going?" Louise lowers her head so that Mitch can see her. Mitch gets the hint and puts his phone down, looking back at his monitor.

"Pretty good, just texting my girlfriend. She lives in England, so I may be going to visit her soon."

"That's cool. Well, I should be going, I need to go back home and pack for college. I hope I'll get to meet you soon, Mitch." She gives him a wide grin, and he returns her the favor. Louise grabs my face and plants a kiss on my lips before exiting the room.

Blushing, I stand up and walk her out of the room and down the stairs, until we reach the front door.

"You can borrow my car if you want. I really have to start recording some videos, so when you're done packing, you can come back here."

"Okay. Here's my phone, you can add yourself as a contact." She smiles as she hands me her iPhone from her back pocket. I smile back at her.

I take her phone and unlock it, clicking on the 'Contacts' app. I type 'Jerome Aceti <3' and my phone number, then save. I click the home button and find the 'Twitter' app, clicking on that, too. I find my account and hit 'Follow'. I lock her phone and hand it back to her.

"I should be back by 7:00 tonight, because I'm supposed to be going out for dinner with my parents. I promise I'll text you when I'm on my way."

"Okay, I'll be waiting." I smile at her, and she looks down at the floor, blushing. I open the door for her and walk out onto the driveway, turning around every few seconds to make sure Louise is still following me. Once we reach my car, I kiss her forehead before giving her the keys to my car. Before I know it, she's sitting in the driver's seat and backing out of the driveway. After I wave goodbye at her, I head back into my house, climbing the stairs and heading into my office, trying to remember what I was doing before. Once I take a seat at my desk and glance at my monitor, I instantly remember.

"Call Ended. Duration= 5:48"

Crap.

I hope Mitch isn't mad at me. I don't know what I'd do if he was, considering my whole world revolves around him. I put my head in my hands and let out a deep sigh. After a few seconds I look back at my monitor and whisper.

"I love you, Mitch. If only you knew."

A/N: Here's the next chapter for you guys! It's not as long as I hoped it would be, but school's been hectic for me lately. Hopefully you guys don't mind. <3

So yea, same deal as usual. Another chapter should be uploaded in a few weeks, hopefully before Halloween. I'll see what I can do.

Anwyays, I don't want to keep you guys too long, so that's it for now! Hope you're all enjoying your week and I'll talk to you guys soon. Bye!(: