i hate u, i love you

Kellie's POV

It has been one month since I was "abandoned" by all of four of my friends. Jordi and I had gotten a lot closer, I had been hanging out with Leo more, and to keep myself busy I had been picking up a lot of volunteer shifts in the ER and NICU. I was working almost as much as mom. This was one of the rare times that I got a break. So I was hanging out with Jordi while I was on dialysis. 

"Got any 4's?" I asked as we played another of Go Fish. "Go Fish" he said as I picked up a new card. "So how have things been going with you and Dash?" Jordi asked me.  

"Things have been weird. Ever since he left the hospital we've been talking less and less. I thought that he might need just a couple weeks of space to adjust to not being a hospital kid anymore, but it's been four weeks and I've heard nothing from hin."  I started to ramble.

"Do you want to Leo and I to go and talk to him?" he asked. "No, I'll be okay. I think that we might just need some space. Hell, I've been busy with dialysis and trying to stay alive that it might be good to have some distance." I said trying to convince myself that everything between Dash and I is great.

"Well, in that case, let's continue with our game. So I can't beat you for once." Jordi said with a smug grin on his face.  " I think that I will be winning the game again" I said as I reshuffled the cards. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hey" I said as I knocked on the door of Leo's room. 'What's up?" he replied. 

"Random question, but have you heard from Dash?" I asked timidly. "Yeah I talked to him a couple of days ago. Why? I thought you two talked every day." Leo said making more space for me on his bed.

"No, I haven't heard from him in a couple of weeks. Did it seems like he was mad at me?" I said. "No, no. He seemed fine. Is something going on between you two?" Leo asked, the concern in his voice more noticeable.  

"No." I brushed it off. "Speaking of people that aren't speaking to us. Have you heard from Emma?" he asked me. Leo had been more concerned about Emma since I told him that Emma wasn't better. "Radio silence. I don't think that she wants her family to know what's going on with her." I responded

" I just wish that she would talk to me because I'm worried about her." He sighed. " I know, I wish she would talk to me, too." I wish that my two best friends weren't ghosting me right now. That's all I needed to make myself feel somewhat whole again. 

"Moving on! Are you ready to get discharged in two weeks?" I asked trying to lighten up the mood. "I'm can't wait to get out of this place!" he said and pumped his fist up in the air. "Why is everybody so excited to leave me?" I faked whined. "If it was the other way around. You would be running out of here before any of us could even say goodbye to you" he said.

"True" I grumbled before realizing what time it was. I had another shift looking at cute babies in the NICU. "While I would love to continue this conversation, Leo. I've got things to do." I said with a sly grin and walked out of the door.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Carly's POV

Hospitals suck. They like really suck especially when you have a chronic condition like me. The name's Carly Wilson and I have Chrons. 

It sucks big time. My parents who have always pegged me as their "precious princess" but I was far from that. In fact, I was the complete opposite. I had everything that my parents thought about me and I was pissed at the fact that they were making me go to this new hospital because apparently there's a trial going on teenagers with Chrons. So not only did I have to leave the small group of friends that I had made in DC. I also had to deal with doctors, nurses, and all of this other crap.