He Scares You

Thomas- You ran after Thomas into the kitchen to find him sitting in there alone. Frypan for some reason wasn't there. "Why did you ignore me this morning?" You ask, sitting across from him. "I've just had a lot on my mind, Y/N," he says sounding annoyed. "Why do you have to have such an attitude? I was just coming to make sure you're okay," you say starting to get mad. "I just want space!" He snaps, looking at you angrily. "Why don't you want to talk about it?! You should know you can trust me," you state, trying to keep yourself calm. He stands up, making you step a few steps back. You had never seen him so angry in your life. "I DON'T WANT TO TELL YOU, OKAY!?" He shouts in your face, and you fall onto the ground when his hand goes up, because you thought he was going to hit you, but all he did was put his hand on the back of his neck stressfully. His face falls, and he looks down at you, his eyes softening. "You thought I was going to hit you?" He asks, kneeling down next to you. You ignore him, biting your lip to keep your tears and sobs in. He makes you look into his eyes, "Y/N?" You shake your head, standing up to leave. He grabs your arm softly, turning you to face him. "I would never hit you. You know that right?" He asks you, his voice soft. "I thought I knew that, but you were so terrifying. I didn't know what to expect," you state quietly. He cups your face with his hand, "I'm sorry. I've just been having a rough few days, but I'll make it up to you. I promise."

Newt- "No, and that's final." You groaned as Newt continued to be stubborn and rather annoying. "Why? Don't you think I can handle myself just fine out there?" You asked referring to the Maze. You'd been in the Glade for weeks now, and you wanted to have a chance to show all the other Gladers that even a girl could be a Runner, because none of them think a girl can do it. You want to prove them all wrong; you know girls are strong, and that these boys are just sexist. You had been bugging Newt about it for the past week, and he's been quick to tell you no. "No, I don't think you can handle yourself out there; you're too immature." You're hurt by his comment, but he continues to walk. You run up to him, "Immature? Are you serious? Why would you call me that?" He turns to you looking annoyed, "You don't know when to drop something. You're not going out into the bloody Maze, and that's final. Hear me?" "So just because I'm fighting for something I want to do, you think I'm being immature?" You ask, your voice rising. He sighs, "You just don't understand." "THEN HELP ME UNDERSTAND!" You yell, throwing your arms around. He turns to you suddenly, getting face to face with you, "JUST LET IT GO! YOU'RE NOT GOING TO BE A RUNNER AND THAT'S FINAL!" He shouts. While doing so, he throws a hand through his hair, but you thought he was about to hit you. You flinch, and Newt looks confused, and then his face falls. "Y/N, did you think I was..." You turn your head trying to hide the tears falling down your face that had finally poured over in fear. "Yeah, Newt, I thought you were going to hit me," you mutter, feeling like a coward since you were crying. He grabs your hands in his softly, holding them gently, "You know I wouldn't ever do that, right? No guy should ever hit a woman," he states, making you turn to face him. "Yeah, I know, you were just loud and up in my face," you explain, trying to shrug it off, but Newt was resistant. "I can't believe I was like that. My emotions were just getting the best of me. I'm too scared to let you into the Maze; that's why I keep telling you no. If something ever happened to you out there... I wouldn't be able to live with myself."

Minho- You were out in the Maze with Minho. He was training you, showing you how to keep track of your progress by cutting vines, and you were really enjoying it. You'd never felt so free; the Maze may have more potential dangers than the Glade, but you loved the fact that you could get away from the Glade for a while. "You'll be staying with me or one of the Runners though if you become a Runner," Minho suddenly says, making you stop. "Why?" You ask confused. "Do you really think we're going to let you run around out here all by yourself? You're tiny, you'd never be able to stand a chance against a Griever," Minho says laughing, but you definitely didn't think this was a laughing matter. "Why don't you think I can handle myself?! I'm perfectly capable of doing anything you or any of the other Runners do out here," you snap, crossing your arms. He sighs, his smile dropping and he grows more serious, "Y/N, it's just not going to happen." "UGH!" You yell, walking off. "Y/N, you can't walk away without me!" Minho shouts, jogging up behind you. "Shut up," you mutter. "I'm sick of you, I'm sick of the Glade, and I'm sick of everyone else. I'm treated like a child, and it's annoying." "YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND," Minho states, his voice louder. "We're just protecting you!" "I DON'T WANT PROTECTION!" You yell, getting in his face. "I DON'T CARE IF I GET HURT OR DIE, I JUST WANT TO HELP FIND A WAY TO GET OUT OF HERE, AND IF I DIE SO BE IT! I DON'T CARE! DYING MAY EVEN BE THE BEST OPTION AT THIS POINT!" His face reddens, and he throws his arm out, and you jump backwards thinking he was going to hit you. He stops mid-stretch, raising his eyebrow. "Did you really think I was going to hit you?" He asks. You shake your head, but you could tell by his face he knew you were lying. "First off, if you die, there's a good chance I'd lose all hope, and I would never forgive myself for letting something happen to you," he says softly, stepping closer to you and grabbing your waist. "And I would never ever hit you. I couldn't ever hit something that means so much to me."

Gally- "Y/N!" Newt exclaims, running up to you as fast as he can. "Yes?" You say, looking from Chuck to him. "It's Gally. He's on a rage." You sigh, looking at Chuck apologetically, "I'll talk to you later Chuck so you can tell me what you wanted to tell me." You rush over to the lookout with Newt who points up, and you can hear Gally cursing at Alby who was up there with him. You start climbing the ladder, but Newt stops you, "Be bloody careful,Y/N. I've never seen him like this before." You nod, and you make it to the top where Alby was keeping his distance from Gally who looked ready to rip Alby's head off. Alby sees you, and you see him visibly sigh in relief, "Look, Gally, it's your girlfriend. She's here to get you to calm the shuck down." Alby walks by you and pats you on the shoulder, "Good luck, Y/N." He heads down the ladder, and you cautiously walk over to Gally. "I don't want to talk to you," he mutters, making you sigh. "Gally, it's-" "I SAID I DON'T WANT TO TALK TO YOU!" He yells at you so loud, it hurts your ears. He had his hands clenched into fists, and for a moment you thought he was going to hit you. His face immediately goes from anger to pain, and he isn't able to look you in the eye. "Did you, uh, think I was going to hit you?" He asks, looking into your E/C eyes. "It's okay-" you go to say, but he cuts you off by slamming his fist down on the railing. "I'M A MONSTER!" He shouts, making your heart ache at the pain in his voice. "I don't know what's wrong with me, Y/N, but I do know this," he stops, taking your hand in his as he stares into your eyes, "I would never hit you. I would never intentionally hurt you. Ever." You smile sadly at him, cupping his face with your free hand, "I know, Gally. I trust you. I just had something Newt said on my mind," you state; which was true. You had the whole "I've never seen him like this before" thing in your head. He nods slowly, and you smile at him bigger. "Feeling better?" He returns the smile, "Yeah, thanks to you."

Alby- "HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO TELL YOU YOU CAN'T GO OUT THERE?!" Alby shouts at you as the two of you are alone in the Deadheads where you had ran to after getting yelled at by Alby, but of course he followed you since he wasn't finished. "YOU CAN'T CONTROL ME!" You scream at him, angry tears welling up in your eyes. You had gotten "too close" to the Maze in Alby's opinion, and he made a big ordeal about it in front of all the Gladers; which you found very humiliating. "I'M JUST TRYING TO PROTECT YOU! THERE'S NOTHING GOOD OUT IN THE MAZE." You roll your eyes, "I didn't even go out there Alby." He sighs loudly, "But your curiosity will one day get the best of you, and you may sneak out into the Maze." You scoff, "I think I could handle myself just find if I ever did go out there, BUT NONE OF YOU LET ME OUT THERE, BECAUSE YOU DON'T TRUST ME!" He steps closer to you, startling you. "OF COURSE WE TRUST YOU, WE'RE JUST TERRIFIED TO LOSE YOU!" He shouts, slinging his arms out in the air. You had thought that with the arm motion he was going to hit you, so you shield yourself, trying to back up. His face softens and hurt washes over his features, "Y/N, did you think I was going to hit you?" You decide not to lie, so you just simply nod. "It looked like it; you were really angry," you state. He reaches out to touch your arm, "I would never do that to you. Why would you think I would do something like that?" He asks sadly.