Perishable (Part 2)

Perishable (Part 2)

(Edited)

(A/N:Sad event about to occur you are warned)

Alyssa's POV

I walked into the school doors and saw Mason. He walked up to me. "Hey. What's wrong?" He saw that I was upset.

"Got in a fight with my brother. It's nothing though." I said.

"It's something if it makes you upset." He said.

"I'm okay." He nodded.

We found Liam. But he jumped when Mason called his name.

"Hey, am I gonna see you at the bonfire, tonight?" He asked.

"Uh, I'm thinking about skipping it." He said.

"You're not skipping it." I told him.

"Why not?" He snapped. I was taken aback at his tone.

"Because you're on the lacrosse team. Don't you have to go?" Mason said.

"I don't know." He said. He looked to his right and stared off into space. He had a frightened look on his face. Like he saw something. I looked to were he was looking. I saw nothing.

"I-I don't think I can make it." He stuttered.

"You're coming. Because apparently both of you need to take things of your minds. And I'm going to embarrass you in front of Alyssa. And you are going to find me a lacrosse player. Cause statistically speaking someone on your team has to be on my team. Alright? Liam?" Mason said.

"Yeah. Okay. I-I-I'll be there." He said rushing off.

I walked into the locker room.

"Alright. Now, I know the start of the season bonfire is a big deal for you guys. I also know it gets out of hand sometimes. The moment I show up there's other teams. And alcohol. Lots and lots of alcohol." Everyone started cheering.

"Alright. SHUT UP! Now what I don't understand is why anybody would ever want to get stumbling down drunk in front of a massive open fire. I'm also not able to stop you guys." The cheering began again.

"Also I will remind you your team captain, McCall will be there. And I can count on him to knock on any and everyone of you little bastards. Get back to class." Coach said. During his speech Liam got up and left. I gathered my stuff and followed him. So did Scott.

He was setting on the stairs messing with his lacrosse stick. I sat down beside him. He jumped. Scott sat behind me.

Scott put his hand on Liam's shoulder and whispered, "Hey."

"You okay?" I asked. He ignored me.

"Hey." Scott said. Liam turned around.

"Last night. My printer went off by itself. I couldn't turn it off. I hit the cancel button but it just kept printing." He said.

"Printing what?" Scott asked. Liam pulled a paper out of his back pocket and showed it to us. It was a list of the dead pool. But I didn't get a chance to see it because coach yelled, "What the hell is this?"

We got up and went to Coaches office. His printer was going off like Liam said his was. Scott grabbed one of the papers and we looked at it.

"See the difference?" Liam asked.

"Derek's not on the list anymore." Scott said.

"And I'm worth 3 million." Liam said.

"Its 18 now." I said.