Perishable (Part 1)

Perishable (Part 1)

(Edited)

Alyssa's POV

I was on my laptop when I heard the door open. I walked down stairs and Deputy Parrish, Scott, Lydia, and Stiles were talking to my brother. I walked over.

I listened to Deputy Parrish explain his story.

"He covered you in gasoline?" Derek asked.

"It's the hair and nails isn't it? The parts of the body that are actually dead." Lydia asked.

"Well, he should be gone." Derek said.

"I was set on fire. All of me should be gone." Parrish said.

"Not if you're like us." Scott smiled.

"Like you?" Parrish said.

"I don't think he's like us." Derek said.

I walked out and everyone looked at me. "Then what is he?"

"I'm sorry but I have no idea." Derek said.

"But you knew about Jackson and Kira." Scott said.

"This is a little out of my experience. There might be something in the bestiary." Derek said. "Did you try Argent?"

"I don't know where he is." Scott said.

"Ok. Hold on. What a bestiary? Actually that's not even my first question. Just tell me one thing." Parrish paused. "Are all of you like Lydia?"

We stared at him blankly. "Are you all psychic?"

"Psychic?" Derek asked.

"Yeah." Parrish said.

"Not exactly." Scott said.

"Ok. Then what are you?" Parrish asked. Scott looked at Derek and he shrugged.

Scott closed his eyes tight and opened them. They were red.

----------------------------

We explained to him about werewolves and all that.

"What's a kanima?" Parrish asked.

"We'll get back to that." Scott sat down next to Parrish. "Just know that everyone like us, everyone with some kinda supernatural ability is on the dead pool."

"But I don't even know what I am." Parrish explained.

"Well, I'm pretty sure they don't care." Derek said.

I looked at Parrish, "I have no idea what I am either,"

"How many professional assassins are we talking about?" Parrish asked.

"We're starting to lose count." Lydia said.

"Wait. Is this still just professionals?" Scott asked.

"I don't think Haig's tried anything like this. I think he was taking a chance." Parrish explained.

"That means anyone with the dead pool can take a chance." Derek said.

"Well if Haig had it, then who else does? How easy is it to get this thing now?" Parrish asked.

--------------------

"How did your grandmother know her?" I asked.

"She didn't. She found her. Because of another women named Maddy. The women she loved." She had a picture in he hand. She stood up and showed it to Scott. "I never met her. I saw her name everywhere. She used to be part of a yacht racing team. There were plaques and trophies in the lake house from where she had won." Lydia explained.