A Promise to the Dead (Part 2)

(Edited)

Alyssa's POV

WHAT?!?!?! ADOPTED!!!!!!!! Tears started to roll down my face. I was adopted. I ran. I ran out of the building into the pouring rain. I didn't know where I was going. I just ran.

The next morning I went to school. But I didn't talk. Everyone tried to get me to but I refused. I would just stare. Thinking. Why would they hide this from me for so long?

Liam texted me to come to the weight room. When I walked in he was already lifting.

Mason turned to me. "Do you know what's wrong with your boyfriend?" He asked. I looked at Liam and back at Mason. I shrugged.

"Why aren't you talking?" He asked I shrugged.

"Do I look like I need help?" Liam asked Mason. Mason just walked off. "Liam!" I yelled.

"What?" He asked.

"He's your best friend!" I yelled.

"So?" He asked.

"So. Just because you have problems doesn't mean you should start taking it out on your only friend." I said.

"I have problems?" He scoffed. "Look at you." He said ok that's it.

I went off on him "Yeah, I have problems. A whole damn lot. A lot more than you could ever handle." I said.

"Really? Now, what kind of problems can I not handle?" He asked.

"Over hearing your brother talking to his girlfriend about how I was adopted." I said.

His face turned from anger to sorrow. "What?"

I walked out to find Mason. I found him. He seem I was crying. "What did he say this time?"

"Nothing." I said.

"Then why are you crying?" He asked.

I started to cry more. He stood up and hugged me. I hugged back. When he let go we sat down.

"Last night I was going to see my brother but I over heard him talking to Braeden about how he was going to tell me I wa-was adopted." I hiccuped.

I was startled by Liam grunting. Scott came flying by and into the weight lifting room. Me and Mason followed. When we arrived, Scott had already got it off him.

Liam got up and started coughing uncontrollably.

"Liam." Mason said.

Scott leaned down to Liam's level. "I'm fine."

"If you don't want to be with us. That's all right. Ok. But don't push your friends away to." Liam looked at Mason and then to me.

We were walking back to class. But I pulled Scott aside. "Hey, Scott, can I talk to you?" I asked. He nodded.

"Did you know?" I asked.

"I heard him coughing and the argument." He said.

"No. About me being adopted." I said. His eyes widen. "Wh-What?" He stuttered. "Did you?" I asked. He shook his head "No. Are you okay?" He asked. I shook my head. "I over heard him talking to Braeden about how he was going to tell me." I said trying to hold the tears back, but failed.

He hugged me. When we pulled away. I smiled. "What?" He asked.

"I heard about you and Kira's date." I said. He smiled. "How?" "Kira told me." I kissed his cheek. "Go get her tiger." I said punching his arm lightly.