A Promise to the Dead (Part 1)

(Edited)

Alyssa's POV

I walked to my room and laid down. I fell asleep. But not long after I was awoken by Melissa. She was holding up the bag with all of my family's money in it. "What's this?" She asked.

"Maybe Scott should tell you." I said.

"Ok then. Where's Scott?" She asked.

"Um, he's not home?" I asked.

"No. He's not. Where is he?" She asked.

"Um, fighting assassins." I said.

She sighed. "Or at the animal clinic."

We went down stairs and waited for him. He walked through the door. "Hey. Sorry I'm back so late. I was closing up the animal clinic. Got more hours to earn a little extra..." She turned to him and he saw the money. "Money." He finished.

"How much more did you need?" She asked.

He walked over. "This is payment. From the dead pool. I-I-I found it in Garrett's locker." He said.

"This is Derek and Alyssa's money." She turned to me. "Why didn't you take it from him." She asked.

"Um. It's not really mine. It's Derek's. And I thought it would be better if he took it back to him. Plus me and Derek got in a fight." I explained. She turned back to Scott.

"So, you're just keeping it safe for him in a gym bag underneath your bed?" She asked. "How long have you had it?"

"To long." He said. "You know you have to give it back." She said. "I was going to." He said.

"Do I wanna know why you haven't?" She asked. He sighed.

"Because of you." He said looking down at the money. "Me?" She asked.

She sighed. "You mean because we've been struggling a little?"

"Mom, were struggling a lot." He corrected.

"Scott. You can save people's lives. But you cannot save them from life. Life is full of struggles." She said.

"Yeah, but it doesn't have to be." He said.

"Honey." She said.

"Do you know what one of these can do?" He said holding up a stack of money. "This gets us a new roof. An-And this pays for Stiles MRI. This pays for Eichen House. And this one means you don't have to work the double shift at the hospital, and come home total exhausted." He explained picking up the money.

She smiled and picked up another stack, "And what about this one?" It had blood on it. Mason called and told me to meet him at Liam's place.

When I got there I walked into his room and they were playing some sort of game.

"What the are you guys playing?" I asked causing them to look up at me.

"You know what, never mind. I don't want to know." I said.

"I'm heading home. See ya guys." I waved.

"Woah, woah, woah, woah. You ain't going anywhere." Mason said.

"I ain't?" I asked mocking him.

"Yeah, you're staying here." Mason said.

"And why is that?" I asked.

"Because. You two need to make-up. I'm tired of hearing silence between you two. So make-up." He demanded.

"We can't just talk it over and get back together." I said.

"At least try." Mason said.

"No." I said. "And why not. Huh? you both love each other." Mason said.

"We can't fix something like this." I said.

"Why?" He asked.

"We need time to fix us. I don't even know if time can fix how broken up we really are. I don't even know if we're worth fixing." I said tears threatening to spill.

"What do you mean not worth fixing?" Liam asked.

"Well, for one thing I don't know if someone like you would want to date a girl that is as messed up as me." I said.

"But I do want to date you. In fact I'd rather date a messed up girl than a girl perfectly fine." He said.

"Why's that?" I asked.

"I'd rather spend all my time with her, helping her fix herself, than spend it with another girl that only cares about herself." He said.

"Really?" I asked. "Really." He reassured and cupped my face with his hands and smashed our lips together. When we released. Mason was making a face. "What's wrong with you?" I asked.

"It's disgusting. Watching you two kiss like the worlds ending." He said. He laughed. We joined in.

I sat on the bed studying while they played the game they played earlier.

Liam won like the fourth time already.

"Oh." Liam said

"When did you get so good? Have you been practicing? Or did you just suddenly get super human reflexes?" Mason asked.

"Uh, practicing. Yeah I've been practicing." Liam said.

"And I should be studying." Mason said getting up.

"We're you going?" Liam asked.

"Home. I got a history test tomorrow." Mason said.

"C'mon. One more game." Liam begged.

"Yeah. You said that four games ago." Mason said getting up and about to walk out.

"Study here. You can stay over. C'mon. One more game. Just one." Liam suggested and begged again.

"You okay?" Mason asked.

"Yeah. You know. Your right. You should go. I should probably study to. See ya at school." Liam said.

"Bye Mason." I waved. Mason waved back and left. I got up and sat next to Liam and grabbed a controller.

"So, how do you work this thing?" I asked. He chuckled. "You should probably go, too." He suggested.

"I ain't leaving until you show me how to play so I can kick your ass at this." I said.

He showed me how to play and we played five games. I didn't win any. I decided to call Derek and make up with him. He didn't answer so I walked. When I got there I was about to open the door but I heard talking. I decided to listen.

It was Braeden and Derek.

"I'm worried that Alyssa will find out." Derek said. Huh? Find out what?

"Maybe you should tell her. She shouldn't hear it from someone else. It should be you." Braeden said.

"How do I tell her she was adopted?"

Dun dun duuuuuun!!!!! Cliffhanger!! You're welcome. Stay tuned for the next chapter!

Rebecca