Muted (Part 2)

Muted (Part 2)

(Edited)

Alyssa's POV

Coaches whistle fell out of his mouth and onto the ground. I got up and ran onto the field. "What the hell, Scott?"

Liam tried to get up but it was hard for him to. "Don't move! Don't touch him!Don't you touch him." Coach yelled, running over to us.

"I'm okay, coach. I'm alright." Liam said panting.

Scott and Stiles put his arms around their shoulders and he grunted in pain.

"I think it's my leg." Liam said panting.

"I think we better get him to the nurse." Stiles said, so Coach moved out of the way and pointed to go forward.

Me, Scott, and Stiles rushed him to the nurse.

When we got there the nurse told us we better take him to the hospital. Scott went to talk to Kira and Stiles went to get the jeep. While I had to stay with Liam in the nurses office.

He just stared at me. I stood there trying to ignore his gaze. But I couldn't resist. I stared into his eyes. They were icy blue orbs.

He broke the silence. "So your on the lacrosse team. Not bad, for a girl."

"Yep. Thanks. Sorry about Scott. He gets worried when someone try's to steal his place a team captain. And he gets protective of me."

"Its okay. I can tell why. Who wouldn't want to protect there girlfriend." He said with his smile fading.

"Girlfriend?" I asked confused.

"Yeah. Your his girlfriend." He in a 'duh' tone said.

"Wait, what?" I asked unbelievingly.

"Yeah. You are his girlfriend, right?" He asked.

"Oh, no. No. No. No. I'm not his girlfriend. Kira is his girlfriend. Why would you think that?"I said.

"We'll, your always hanging out with him and he seems protective of you."He said looking up at me.

"Well, he can do that and he can still be just my friend." I smiled.

Stiles and Scott walked in. "We're ready." They walked over and helped me help him up. I walked ahead of them and opened the jeep door. I got in and helped Liam set beside me.

Scott and Stiles hopped into the jeep and we drove away.

Liam kept staring at me. I tried not to make eye contact. But it was to late. Our eyes were locked to each others. I gave him a small smile. He did the same.

We arrived at the hospital in a few minutes. We walked in with me on one side of Liam and Stiles on the other.

"Um. Hi, mom." Scott said turning around.

"Alyssa, can you get a wheelchair honey?" Melissa asked.

"Sure." I plainly said. I went and grabbed one and brought it back to her. "Thank you." She looked at his leg. "Don't worry, Liam. We'll take good care of you." With that she wheeled him away. "Alright, I got to get goin. I promised Malia I would help her study." Stiles said.

"Sure. I'm gonna check on him anyway." Scott said.

"Well, Im going with Stiles. Can you drop me off at Derek's?" I asked Stiles and he nodded.

"Hey, I don't need to say this wasn't your fault right?" Stiles turned back to face Scott. "I don't know." Scott replied.

"Scott, if you used any wolf power, that kid wouldn't be limping. He would be crawling back to the other half of his body." I said.

"If I wasn't worried so much about being team captain he wouldn't be hurt either." He said with a guilty face.

"Scott, it's okay to want something for yourself once in a while. Team captain and alpha werewolf. It makes you human." Stiles patted Scott on the back and we walked away.

"Wait Alyssa. Liam's asking for you." Melissa stopped me before I could walk out the two sliding doors. I turned around and walked with Melissa. "See ya later Stiles."

He walked out and I followed Melissa to Liam's room. We walked to his room and she said "He's in there." I nodded and walked in and the doctor was already in there. "Oh, um I'll come back later." I said about to walk out.

"No, no. I was just leaving." The doctor said. I walked over to the chair and sat down."You mad at me?" Liam asked. "No of course not. Your mom might be mad at me for getting you into lacrosse. But maybe we should both wait for the x-ray before we panic. And trust me. I have more reason to panic than you do. It's not over yet. Wait for the x-ray." The doctor said before leaving me and Liam alone.

He looked really upset. "Don't worry, it's gonna be okay." I said trying to comfort Liam. "How can you be so sure?" He asked looking up at me.

"Because my brother always says 'Everything balances out. No matter if something seems like it can never get better or can never get worse. Everything balances out.'" I said.

"How do you know he was right?" He asked.

"Because when my friend died. I thought nothing could get any better. And you know what. It did. At the time, my brother was missing. We found him. Everything balanced out." I said. He smiled.

"What happened to your friend?" He asked. My smile dropped. The thought of Allison's death makes me want to curl up in a ball and cry. "Oh. You don't have to tell me."

"No it's okay. I'll tell you." I said. I walked over to the side of the bed and sat there.

"Me and a couple of friends were out having fun. When two guys walked over to us. They asked for our car. We refused to give it to them. Of course they wanted it. So they stabbed Allison and took the car. We couldn't get her to the hospital because we were in the woods and we had no way of getting there. So she died in Scott's arms before the ambulance could get to us." I said. He put his thumb to my face and whipped away the tears that I had no idea that I was crying.

"I'm sorry for your lose." He said. "Thank you." I said. "What was her name?" He asked. "Allison." Then we heard a loud noise. I got up and so did Liam. "No you don't need to be getting up."

"I don't care. What ever that was, I'm not letting you go out there alone and unprotected." I rolled my eyes. "Just give me a sec. Hey, anyone hear that?" No one answered.

Then a guy with sharp teeth and blood on his shirt come towards me. I screamed. "Alyssa?" Liam said coming out of the room. The guy was on top of me and I tried to get him off me but he bit my arm. Which made me scream. Liam ran over and pushed him off me.

He grabbed Liam and took him to the roof. Scott saw me and saw the bite mark. He ran over to me and helped me up. He looked into Liam's room. "Where's Liam?" He asked.

"He took Liam to the roof." He helped me up and we ran to the roof. Since he was a werewolf he was way faster so I was slower.

I finally got up there. "We need food."

Was what I heard when I ran up there. I seem the guy that attacked me holding Liam. He threw him over the roof. "Liam!!!!" I yelled. I ran to him and said "Give me you hand." I was then pulled back and thrown over to the medal pipe that is on the roof. I hit my head. He walked over to me. He turned around and said "I'll be back for you." He walked over to where Scott was trying to help Liam. I then was startled by a scream. Liam's scream.

This guy with an axe can over and put it through the guy that attacked me and Liam earlier. He fell to the ground dead. Scott helped Liam set beside me. I looked over at Liam and saw the bite mark. I looked over at Scott who had the guiltiest look on his face.

He bit Liam. Scott bit Liam. Great the full moon is tomorrow night. Liam might change.

Word Count: 1396