Sidestory: Emmanuelle

1997, Bamboo.
You know when there got these days when you just want to enjoy and relax?

When you want to feel the reward after sleepless gigs or concerts, when you want to forget the stress and everything?

It got us one time on the peak of our success. It was not planned. My friends and I were drunk, wasted to be exact.

The next thing we knew, we booked a flight to Japan for 2 days.

My manager called me because of the sudden flight, he thought I ran away. Again.

"Wag mo ko gugulatin next time ha! Okay, basta, bumalik ka agad before Thursday afternoon. Sino ba kasi nagisip niyan???"

Ayun na, nagtuturuan kami. We stayed over Mike's house. Actually, it's more of my friends who stayed sa house nila. I've resided with the Elgar's. His mom treated me like family na, parang inampon na ako.

On normal days, I have no one to live with, lagi akong mag isa sa bahay. He offered his place for me, since his father was working abroad, and his older brother din.

I gladly accepted the invite. My mom and my siblings, they were all in San Francisco na, and they usually visit me every Christmas lang and sometimes if they can go home on my birthday.

Pero madalas naman akong bumisita sa kanila,--if i'm free. I was about to stay there for good but then an opportunity to be in a music scene came,

I thought these were my best years.

"Hayaan mo na sila, mga lasing nung napagtripan nilang magbook ng flight. Alam mo ba iyon? Hindi narin naman marerefund iyan, tsaka Thursday lang nasa Pinas na naman eh, aabot sila sa gig sa gabing iyon." The assistant manager backed us up, thank you Zeddy.

The trip was pursued. Wala naman silang magagawa eh, and besides it's only for a day.
We called that trip: HAPPY HANGOVER.

While waiting for our departure, we decided to leave our phones and gadgets. It was the only way to completely take away our status in the picture. We want to enjoy this as normal friends trying to have some fun.

We were in the waiting area, it just so happened that I am on the extreme left of the space that was near the rest room.

Lagi naman akong magisa, it's not I hate them but they knew I prefer to be alone kapag ganito, mamaya naman wala na naman kaming tulugan haha. I tried to take a nap, rested my cap on my face not to conceal my identity but, dude, hello. It sucks when people see you sleep in an awkward manner.

Not for long, I heard loud clacking of heels on my side. It seems to be running here and there, I tried to ignore it for a minute.

Bamboo... Wag mo pansinin, kahit super ingay.
....

...
..

BUT I CAN'T. I HAVE A PAIR OF CRITICAL EARS.I took off the cap and opened my eyes, I saw a slender woman, wearing a dark blue skirt and a white top. Her hair was messy, she was busy putting makeup on her face and somehow trying to simultaneously brush her hair. 

Beside me was her big bag, it was fully opened and her clothes are scattered around. Clustered like a trash, sorry. Babae ba to? Ang kalat magayos.

I stared at her. Well she's pretty, I can tell. I don't need to fully describe her features but yeah, she's pretty.

Then she started to notice me, and she smiled back.

"Hi, hello!" She said of sunny disposition.

"Oh, Hi. Sorry, if I disturbed you or anything." I looked away.