Chapter 2: Bordered

"Knock knock." A familar voice echoed in the minimalistic living area of Bamboo. His house was not that big but it perfectly shouts that it's a bachelor's pad. Colors you can only see were Black, White and a little hint of green. It exudes a modern contemporary vibe but there are few eclectic interior accessories scattered on different places. He has a low L-Shape white sofa with black and green throw pillows, an animal skin area rug, a classy black coffee table of ducco finish and a modern tv console. The ceiling was high and open above, but you can see through his loft bed. A very elegant place indeed.

Bamboo looked down from the loft and saw his friend, former bandmate, Mike who was waiting down for him.

"Oh look what we got, the Elgar of the North."

"Hi bro. Kamusta?"

"Fine, fine, wait."

Bamboo went downstairs and gave him a hug.

"What brings you here?"

"Actually wala. Dinaanan ko yung pinsan ko dito sa kabilang village. Eh since nandito narin naman ako, might as well visit my good good friend. And this, lasagna from my Nanay. Hindi ako mapapatawad non pag di kita nabigyan. Ikaw ang unang unang binilin niya sakin eh."

"Oh thanks. Thank you. And say hi to Nanay too haha. Namiss ko kamo yung mga food niya."

"She misses you too. Lagi kang naaalala non."

"It's been so long since I last stayed in your house. Thank you, please tell her that. I'll always remember that she became my mom here in the Philippines."

"Of course bro. Welcome ka samin anytime. So, how are you?"

"I'm fine."

"So you live alone?"

"I think so. Yeah."

"Where's Katherine?"

"She doesn't live with me. She wants to have her own house so she bought one few years ago on MGM Ville."

"Wow medyo malayo ha. Ayaw ka bang makita? Haha!"

"Haha maybe she doesn't like to be that clingy. She's not alone, she lives with Jeanne and Andy."

"Oh bakit hindi ka nalang din sumama sa kanila? Kesa nag-iisa ka dito."

"I go there once in a while, besides I don't stay at home. I'm always out for work. This house wasn't that useful to me. Parang props nga lang 'to eh. Haha!"

"Sus, kahit na bro. Make sure to find yourself a time to be with your loved ones. Wala na nga mom mo sa Pinas eh."

"Thanks bro."

Mike tapped Bamboo's shoulder, looking a little sad.

"With M, too. Goodluck and let's hang soon ok?"

"Oh sure. Thanks again."

Mike left. Bamboo sat down in his sofa. Opened the TV but it seems that he wasn't even paying attention to the channel.

His face was relaxed at first.. Suddenly, his eyes looked sad his face looked sober. He's thinking of something for sure.

Bakit kaya ang lungkot niya?

Meanwhile, Sarah was all cheerful and optimistic. It had been weeks since her last conversation with Bamboo but she still remembers every detail of their moments together. After that night, she grew a big crush on him again. ---or more of something she can't explain.

It was another day for her to work, it was her passion after all. This is also a busy year for her, she's preparing for her concert, a solo show and another tour. She was in the studio early in the morning to rehearse.