Chapter 18: 5 Centimeters per Second

Bamboo, 2016

She's smiling the whole time. Waiting for me to start the conversation.

I can't even say a word, is she really here with me? I have alot to say, I have alot to ask. Anong nangyari? The times you were there? Are you okay? Why are you here? What about Zac? Shine? & your parents? Why are you so thin? Are you eating properly? Did you come back for me? Wait, you're married, aren't you? Or if hindi, ano yung balita? Did you miss me? Because I so damn missed you.... Do, you.. Still hold on to our promise? 1 year... What did I miss during those times? Did you receive my mails? Dms? Ano na tayo? Do we settle like this or what? I love you. I still love you. I still fucking love you. To hell with those against us I want to be with you I want to hug and kiss you!

"Hey." I said.

"Hi, kamusta na?" She said in a soft voice.

I stared at her blankly. She tried to look away, and pretended to look to the door's direction.

After awhile of awkward silence, she finally looked at me.

"Bamboo." Ah, how I long to hear those words from you.

I nodded.

"I'm here to finally break my contract sa network."

What? You're leaving... again?

"It's been decided, na itutuloy ko ang pagpasok sa Hollywood paunti unti. Hindi kapani-paniwala diba? Pero di ko pwedeng pakawalan ang blessing na 'to sa buhay ko dahil pangarap ko talaga siya."

So she finally 'tied the knot' with an international producer. Yun pala ang news.

I'm really happy for her, sobra. Pero bakit feeling ko hindi man lang niya ako naalala? Why?

"B? Say something." She noticed im spacing out.

"Ah. Yes. Yes. Congrats, really happy. For you, congrats." I smiled and offered my hand.

"So this weekend, aalis ako ulit para simulan na ang dapat simulan. Honestly, during my stay abroad, I've learned so much, to think na professional acting and singing parin ang pinursue ko, hay. Ang saya ko lang talaga! Na nahanap ko na yung magpapasaya sakin. Walang pumipilit, at malaya akong nagagawa yung gusto ko talaga."

I smiled.

"But I will tell you something, really important."

"..." I looked at her eyes craving for attention.

"Makinig kang mabuti. Limitado lang ang oras natin."

Like hell I didn't know that?

"Simula nung dinala nila ako don, hindi ko kinulit ang mga magulang ko tungkol sayo. I need to make it up to them, for lying. Maniniwala ka bang okay na sa kanila ang lahat? Na napatawad na nila tayo?"

What? What's happening?

"Pardon?" I'm confused.

"They've tried to understand my feelings, ganon din ako sa kanila. Dahil nirerespeto ko sila. At magulang ko sila, siyempre. Bago ako umalis, pumayag na sila sa gusto kong mangyari."

I can't speak.

"Babalik ako doon at tatapusin yung business ko 'don. Uuwi lang ako pag handa na ako ulit."

"Sarah, I don't get you-"

"B, my parents already gave their blessings."

"I haven't met them yet di pa ko nagaapologize and-"

"And bumalik na si Emmanuelle? Narinig ko from Sir Pancho. I'm happy she's alive, at masaya akong okay ka na." She smiled. "But this time, I want to think for 'us'. Tayong dalawa lang muna."