PROLOGUE: Fresh Start

Year 2002, Later that year.
"A flight back to Manila? Are you sure?" His mother asked him after he gave out his documents and legal papers needed for his departure. He sat down on a modified black and stainless barcelona chair and raised his feet up. Beside him was a chaise lounge where his mom was seated, who meticulously checked all the documents because she could not believe that his son wanted to return home.

"Next week na ang flight mo, hindi mo man lang sinabi sakin 'to ah." His mom said while removing her eyeglasses and sat straight and faced him.

"I don't know nanay... I just think I need to go home. I'll always keep in touch naman eh. Nothing will change. I can go back here once in a while to visit you, to visit my sister." He assured.

"You have a life here already, ayaw mo na yata akong kasama eh." His mom said in a very low tone. He knew she was joking, nevertheless, he felt the need of comforting her so he stood up, sat beside his mom and hugged her. He must really have a good relationship with his mom.

Somewhere in the suburbs of San Francisco lives a man who was once, a sought-after mainstream rockstar in the Philippines. Yes, a rockstar. A man who achieved success at an early age. Sold out concerts, Hit singles, Countless interviews, Weekly gigs, Award winning music videos, Top brand endorsements and many more achievements one could ever think of. Above all these fame and glamour, he chose to walk away. During the highest peak of his now defunct band, Rivermaya, he decided to leave them and pursue his dreams abroad. Contrary to popular belief, do you know that he is actually the anti-thesis of a typical rockstar?

Yes, his name is Bamboo.

The day of his departure has arrived. He bid a short farewell to his family and friends. He traveled alone and decided to keep his comeback a secret from the press. Before he decided to completely go to the Philippines, there were already several offers waiting for him back home. Above all, there's this 1 offer he could not resist, and it's because of Music. His former band's company had offered him another project and opened a new band for him to start over. He liked the idea because this is something he could use for a fresh start. But still, he was having second thoughts because it might not go well.

He went inside the plane, and since there are some Filipinos inside, they cannot help but to stare at him in mixed emotions because they are not sure if he's really going back or it's just their imagination.

"Ui si Bamboo."

"Hala oo nga no, babalik na siya?"

"Totoo ba iyan? Alam kaya ng press?"

And the inaudible blabbers from the crowd goes on. He didn't mind them, he just smiled and went further for his seat. He sat down beside a fellow Filipino. A woman, though. About 22 years old, smiled at him as he greeted her back.

"Hello hello." He offered his hand with a great smile.

"Hi.." The woman replied in a soft voice. She did not know how to respond and failed to shake his hand back.. She was nervous. (C'mon that was Bamboo right beside you who wouldn't be right?)

"What's your name? You'll be my seatmate for the next long hours." He laughed a little.

"My name's Jeanne. Nice to meet you po." She smiled at him. (Hi ate Jeanne sensya dinamay kita sa kalokohan ko hahaha)

After exchanging short conversations, the plane already took off. On his left was also a Filipino, he's about 45 years old and started the conversation with Bamboo. Actually, the whole group didn't take any pictures of him in the plane, but they all just shared the moment as if he was a regular man who's excited to go back home. He was so humble, he answered all their questions without being a snappy bitch. Maybe that's the reason why during the flight, no one posted that he'll go home that day. They kept his privacy as a thank you for being approachable and kind.