Chapter 8: Test

2013, Bamboo.

On free days, I get the privilege of spending my time with my daughter Jeanne, and sometimes with my siblings Andy and Kath. As much as possible, I try to visit Emmanuelle(M) once a month because of Jeanne's request. Sundays are either ASAPday or Family day. It has been this way for as long as I can remember.

Routines are difficult to change, whether you are obliged or it's part of a responsibility you can or cannot keep. Right? Siyempre, kasi sanay ka na sa normal na ginagawa mo, casual na yun, hindi mo na napapansin eh.

But not for this girl.

The last last time I remembered she was this sweet was during her birthday concert. To be honest, it's one of the most memorable duets in my life. The rise of Iris 'Ashboo' version didn't stop there. It was followed by I think 4 or more versions.. Not only that song but we usually put up spices on songs we sing. Same pieces but we try to change every now and then. Who would want to let their audience get bored?

In any case, I'm still frustrated with that event. This girl might be stubborn but she's the only one who tried to sit down with me and have a real talk. I might not share things to her but she really tries to reach out to me.

Pero anong nangyari?

I still have no clue. I have no idea why a sudden wind of change. I thought after the birthday concert, we can finally get there a step closer..

Yes, I like her...

...as a friend and workmate ganon.

I don't want to say it to her directly. But I guess it's just natural to come out anyway.

I WENT TO SANFO TO SPECIALLY MOLD HER IN-EAR MONITORS. Hindi ba siya thankful sa gift ko?

I tried my best para maging maganda ang handwriting ko, and what did I get?

Wala. After my conversation with her sa dressing room, the next day, parang di na ako kilala.

Well it's not that I wait for her or anything... But.. She always text me in the morning, like everyday.

If it wasn't a sweet 'Hello goodmorning!', it's 'gising ba mr sungit.'

What? No. I don't wait for her text. Di ko siya hinahanap. Nanibago lan ako.

Oh, she texted me pala, 1 on Christmas Eve and the other on January 1st.

But that was a freaking group message. It wasn't a 'Merry Christmas Bamboo'. Kahit nga 'Hello' man lang eh.

It was something like, "Pass this message to give that person a Merry Merry Christmas' blah blah.

Sarah, Seriously? Naniniwala ka sa ganon?

...

Okay, yes, hinahanap ko siya. But because we're friends naman to begin with. We got closer together dahil ang dami na naming duets and gigs.

But I really don't get it bakit siya iwas ng iwas sakin. It's frustrating, I tell you.

There was this time that I got the chance to talk to her. It was after our duet performance on her own show, Sarah G Live.

I really stayed until matapos ang event. Maybe on cam, we look okay, we look like we really are still friends. But after, she just walk past me and pretend na hindi niya ako kilala.

"Hi, is Sarah still there?" I confidently asked her PA who just got out of the dressing room.

"Yes po sir Bamboo, pasok lang kayo." I thanked her as I walked towards the door. I stopped infront.