Chapter 5: Closer

"Hiii!!! What a cute little girl!!!" Katherine tried to hug her but she pulled herself away and hid behind Bamboo.

"Baby, it's okay. She's my sister, say hi to tita Katherine." Bamboo held Jeanne's hands, and guided her infront.

"Hi Jeanne!!! Don't call me tita okay? Kath nalang!!! Treat me like your sissy okay??"

"Hi....." Jeanne said softly and looked at Bamboo again.

"Go, baby, she won't bite you." Bamboo smiled at her.

"Ayaaan! Kath lang ha? I'm a cool sister!" She winked at her.

"Kath wag mong takutin si Jeanne. Dapat tita na talaga ang tawag sayo, ang tanda mo na eh." Bamboo joked.

"KUYA Francisco please! Ako ang definition ng timeless beauty." She bragged.

"Oh, you're already here na pala." A guy went downstairs. He's Andy, Bamboo's younger brother.

"Is this your daughter? Wow she doesn't look like you at all! Thank you to your wife!" Andy teased him as he tried to pinch her cheeks.

Jeanne got a little scared but Bamboo told him it's okay. She seems to be awkward when meeting new people.

"Seriously? This is what I get after fetching you guys from the airport last week?" Bamboo complained.

"Haha. Kidding. Thanks bro. It's good to be back." Andy hugged his brother.

"Oh, nga pala. Nanay said na baka makauwi siya next month." Katherine told him while playing with Jeanne.

"That's good. I really miss her." Bamboo said in a low voice.

Andy gestured him to talk away from Kath and Jeanne who seems to be getting along already.

"Kuya... Ano na plano mo?"

"I might leave Jeanne here with you guys."

"Wait iiwan mo siya??"

"No not like that. I want her to have her own life here. Lagi akong wala sa bahay, literally. I can't leave her there with a babysitter lang. I don't trust them. So i'll leave her here and if i'm free, we'll stay sa house."

"Ahh ok. Sure. And, still no news about Emmanuelle?"

"..."

"I'm so sorry bro. Hope you'll get through with this."

Andy tapped Bamboo's shoulders.

"baby, come here." Bamboo called his daughter.

"Yes daddy?"

"I'm going out for a gig. It's too noisy there eh and it'll be past your bedtime pag sinama kita, can you promise to behave? I'll leave you with Tita Kath and Tito Andy muna ok?"

"Okay... But you'll be back ba?"

"Of course. I will, I will always visit you."

"Visit?"

"No one will take care of you sa bahay natin. So you'll be living here muna. I'll always go here before and after my concerts promise."

"Okay." Jeanne smiled and hugged him tight. Bamboo kissed her forehead.

"She's so understanding.." Andy whispered to Kath.

Bamboo took out Jeanne's luggage and gave out instructions to his siblings. Afterwards, he left her with them but he kept his promise, he was always with her whenever he's available,