Chapter 16: Fast Forward 2016

"So, hinayaan mo nalang kainin ka ng pride mo?" She asks. Her voice echoes in the dressing room.

"I'm afraid. So afraid he can get her anytime, you know, we both have everything, except that with him, it's more acceptable...yun, kumbaga walang sabit. I know it is wrong to compete with my brother, but yeah. Things happen."

Bamboo shakes the bottle of energy drink and positions himself in a laidback manner.

"Okay, after niyo mag-away, at gumawa ng gulo 'dun, nagkaalam na.. And she went away?" She asks again.

"Dina found out, it's pretty obvious that time naman eh. She went into her dressing, she saw her there, crying, crying and crying. Sorry din ng sorry, according to her manager."

"That's it? She gave up? Just like that?" She stands up and takes away the juicedrink, holds up Bamboo's chin with her free hand and drinks from the bottle.

"Go on, don't mind me just curious about your reaction if I do it."

"Stop, go back and sit down."

"K fine. So, where were we?"

"Hindi sila payag, and you know the reason why. Totoo naman lahat ng sinabi nila sakin. I have a child, and i'm 12 years older, she's.. You know too precious to be in my hands. And i'm 100% sure she earns alot more than me. I think that's why.. You know."

"Stop that You Know You Know mo, wag ka nga english ng english. Hindi dahil nasa mayamang lugar ka ha, ito akala mo naman karugtong ng US yung subdivision mo."

He laughs.

"You sure know how to make things lighter, noh?"

"I am made to exhale laughing gas. So, di mo pa sinasagot. After the confrontation, pinaghiwalay kayo? And it ended there?"

"It was a mutual decision." He stops and closes his eyes for a second.

[3 years ago...]

"I had fun, salamat pumayag kang dalhin ako ulit dito." Sarah smiled at him.

"In a few months, band 1994 will disband. So I cannot turn down your request." Bamboo seriously stated a fact.

"...i know. Hindi naman talaga lahat, naglala-last."

Bamboo looked at her, and grabbed her shoulders tightly.

"Why?" He asked. He knew something's going on.

Sarah started to cry but she tried to hide it with a smile.

"Alam mo kahapon, may nabasa ako. About the story of Hero and Heroine... They both love each other secretly.. Kahit na kelan lang sila nagkakilala ng lubusan. Ang saya saya nila, but Angel Heroine was cursed to experience the same situation sa every lifetime na magkaron siya. Hindi alam ni Heroine yun, si Hero naman, alam niyang pag nawala silang dalawa sa mundo, magreresurrect lang ulit sila with same memories."

"Where is this going?" Bamboo asked... Confused na sa sinasabi ni Sarah.

"One day Heroine died of a rare sickness, but they both promised that they will be together again in HER next life. Hindi kinaya ni Hero yung sakit na maiwan ng ilang taon, kaya after 200 years, Hero killed himself para makasama na niya si Heroine."

Bamboo narrowed his eyes.

"But he didn't know, right after he died, Heroine came back to life and looked for him. Akala niya magkakasama na sila. Pero hindi, kasi hindi nakinig si Hero. She said to wait for him, in his lifetime, not in his next."