Chapter 38

Don't hate me for what happens in this chapter..

Love you all xx

 Please leave a comment if you can! I love hearing your thoughts!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I swallowed, nodding slowly as I added everything up in my head.

“You’re not angry?” He questioned, his eyebrows scrunched together as he looked up at me.

“There is no point being angry.” I sighed. “It will just make it worse for everyone, especially Haz.” I choked on his name, the memory of his pained face filling my mind. Louis gave a weak laugh.

“I love you Ash.” He smiled.

I shook my head. “Love you too Lou. Your idea was completely stupid though.”

“I know.” He nodded, running a hand through his messy hair.

“Miss Payne.” A voice announced from the door way, making both Louis and me jump. I turned to face the doctor, a tall, skinny man in a white coat and Harry Potter style glasses. He moved his glasses to the tip of them, looking over them to examine me.

“How are you feeling?” He asked, strolling over to beside the bed to pick up a note pad.

“Fine.” I replied honestly, watching him carefully as he scrawled random bits of writing across the page.

“Any headache?” He asked, brushing something off his coats sleeve.

“A little, not bad though.” I shrugged.

“Okay, well you are free to go. I will check you out.” He finished before leaving the room immediately. 

“Well, let’s go! I need a decent meal, the hospital cooks are TERRIBLE.” Louis informed me, standing up and offering his hand to me. Kicking off the blanket, I took his hand and was pulled up and out of the bed. He held me by my waist, placing me lightly on my feet.

“You right?” He asked carefully, keeping a firm grip on me.

“Yeah.” I smiled, gripping his arm just in case. We walked arm in arm out of the room, down a long hallway and eventually into the waiting room where the boys were seated. I frowned, not spotting Harry’s curls.

“Where is Harry?” I ask instantly, looking carefully around the room for him.

“He went home.” Liam shrugged, chucking the magazine he was flipping through back onto the corner table.

“Let’s just go.” Zayn sighed. “We all need some rest.” Zayn was right; everyone was on edge right now.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After a very, very long and silent car trip home we had all gathered in Zayn’s apartment. No one spoke; they all seemed off in their own world. I sighed, standing up from my spot on the couch.

“I’m going to see Harry.” I announced, walking out the door. Before I could get far someone’s hand had caught my arm and spun me around.

“You can’t.”

“And why not?” I asked, staring up at my brother.

“It’s not just that I don’t want you to see him Ash..”

“Well obviously it is otherwise I’d be over there with him now.” I rolled my eyes, trying to free myself from his grip.

“No I mean, you can’t.” He spoke quietly.

“Just let me go see him.” I snapped, raising my voice as I ripped my arm from his hand and took off towards Harry’s apartment.

“His not there.” Liam called out.

“I will wait for him then.” I shouted back as I reached his door, pulling it open.

“His not coming back Ash.” Liam shouted faintly, I froze. What did he mean by that? My mind went into over drive as I sprinted through the flat and up his stairs, bursting his door open. The room was spotless, completely empty, it looked as if no one had ever been here.

“Wh- what. Why. How-“ I choked up, staring at the bare space where his stuff used to lie. “NO!” I yelled, tears spilling out of my eyes.  “No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no..” There was a single note lying on his bed, which I stumbled too, gripping the thin paper between my shaky hands.

Ash,

I’m so sorry, I had to go.

I still love you Ash. I always will. Liam doesn’t want me to see you again, Liam is right. It’s my fault, I’m no good for you. I love you Ash.

Niall found you a job, the modelling agents name is Marco Apellgo, be nice to him. Get yourself a job and a life. Find someone who will make you happy.

 I just want you to be happy.

Don’t look for me, please.

Love you forever and ever, to the moon and back.
Harry xx

My knees buckled under me and I collapsed on the ground, the world spinning. This could not be happening. Hugging the note to my chest I curled up on the floor, sobbing uncontrollably.