Chapter 36

Everyone go listen to Autumn Leaves by Ed Sheeran, it is perfect.

Thank you for all the names! Big help.

Hope you are all having a lovely day. xx 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My hearing slowly returned, giving me a slight idea of my situation.  There were people near me, someone was pacing and another was sobbing beside me. I listened to the constant footsteps, the shoes clapping against the floor quietly. There was still sobs coming from beside me, was someone crying? I let out a groan, gaining attention quickly.

"Ash?" It was Harry. Why was Harry crying?

"Is she awake!?" The body who was pacing stopped, instead the feet running towards me.

"Ash?" Harry repeated quietly, his voice shaky as his hand grasped mine.

"Haz, I don't think she's awake.." Someone replied from beside me. Louis. Harry let out a long, sad sigh, his head leaning down to rest on my shoulder, his soft curls tickling my skin.

"I'm so sorry Ash." He whispered into my neck, his warm breath sending tingles through me. Why was he sorry ?

"Harry the doctor said she would be fine, we just have to wait. You should get to sleep, you have been awake this whole time." Louis spoke softly, trying to reassure Harry. How long was 'this whole time' ?

"I'm not leaving her side. This is my fault." Harry's voice was full of pain, like he had just been stabbed.

"It was an accident Harry." Louis sighed, as if they had had this conversation a million times.

"If I wasn't here she wouldn't be in hospital!" Harry raised his voice, slowly rubbing circles into my hand. I was in hospital?

"Whaa.. Haz.." I tried speaking, my words slurring horrible as I struggled to communicate. The room went silent.

"Ash?" Harry whispered, his hand brushing against my cheek softly.

"Where? Wha..t?" I tried my best to ask what had happened, where I was.

"I'll leave you with her Harry and get everyone from the canteen, they will want to know she's awake." Louis spoke quietly before standing and leaving. My eyelids fluttered as I begged them to open, no such luck as I stayed in complete darkness.

"I'm so so so so so so sorry Ash." Harry began to sob again, wet droplets falling on my collarbone.

"Haz, stop.." I begged, my hand reaching up to stroke his hair slowly.

"ASHLEY!" My brothers voice shouted from the door, my ears aching at the volume. He was almost immediately hushed.

"Liam.." Harry's voice trailed off.

"Shut up Harry." Liam snapped, I frowned, I didn't like this.

"No. You weren't even here when she woke up."

"At least I didn't put her in here."

"I didn't-"

"I knew you weren't good for Ash. This is all your fault. I told you to stay away from her. THIS is what happens when you get involved. You ar-"

"Would you shut up!?" I shouted as loud as I could, my voice croaky and weak. They both fell silent. My eyes opened to a bright white light. I squinted as I tried to focus on my surroundings. Sure enough I was in a hospital. Everything white and clean. Liam was by the door, with Louis holding him back. Liam's eyes met mine and they instantly softened. I shook my head at him, holding Harry closer.

"Leave him alone Liam. It was an accident." I spoke steadily, even though I wasn't completely aware of the events, I knew Harry wouldn't purposely hurt me. I took a peak at the curly haired boy who was resting on me, large bags hand under his eyes and his hair was a tousled mess.

"What would you know Ash? You've been knocked out for two days thanks to him!" Liam raised his voice once again, pointing an accusing finger at Harry.

"Harry wouldn't hurt me on purpose Liam." I spoke calmly, impressed how composed I sounded. The room was totally silent for a long moment. "So what did actually happen..?" I asked slowly.