Chapter 28

Okay guys, okay okay okay. 
He will say it eventually. ;)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 Harry's point of view.

I groggily stumbled to my wardrobe, grabbing my favourite ramones shirt and pulling it over my head. The room spun slowly as I made my way to the bathroom, staring at myself in the mirror as I lent over the sink. I was a mess. My hair was sticking out everywhere, the curls unruly and wild. My eyes were wide and bloodshot, my dark pupils dilated. I stumbled forward as a crack of thunder echoed through the room. 

"Pull yourself together Harry." I mumbled, rubbing my face in an attempt to snap out of this daze. The Panadol I had taken was slowly beginning to kick in, the pain in my head has subsided at least.

"Why did you do it Haz?" Zayn appeared in the mirror, his face a mix of worry and anger.

"Come in." I called out sarcastically, gripping the counter to stop myself from falling.

"Don't be a dick." Zayn rolled his eyes, running a hand through his flat hair. "So why did you do it?"

I opened my mouth to answer, but closed it again within an instant. I didn't know why. She said it would take away the pain. The idea of not feeling anything for a while seemed like a great thing. Because of Ashley. If I'm not allowed to love her I don't want to feel anything for her. I would rather feel nothing at all. "Thought it'd be fun." I replied, staring down at the tap, refusing to meet his mesmerizing eyes.

"That's bullshit." Zayn spat, I knew I couldn't lie to him, but I couldn't tell him the truth either. Zayn sighed, turning to leave but stopping. "I don't care what Liam said. You need to tell Ashley. If you continue to fall apart so will Ashley." Zayn didn't look at me as he spoke. "She's out in the rain alone." He informed me before leaving.

"Wait what?" I asked, running after Zayn who was now at the bottom of the stairs.

"You heard me. She's out there alone." He gestured to the front door, shrugging before wandering into the kitchen.

"Why didn't you stop her!?" I yelled out, running back into the room and grabbing the closest jumper before skipping down the stairs two at a time. Zayn never replied, but I didn't really care. I was out on the street in seconds, the pouring rain falling onto the concrete floor. I pulled on the hoodie, jogging down the dark street.

"ASHLEY!" I yelled out, receiving no response. A number of curses escaped my lips as I ran down the empty street. In the distance a group of silhouettes stood. I squinted my eyes as I tried to make out what they were doing. It wasn't until I spotted the large headlights of an oncoming bus. I sprinted, desperate not to loose her. It was crazy, I couldn't stand being near her but I didn't want her to leave. The figures were stepping onto the bus as I got close. At the end of the waiting line stood the familiar hair.

"ASHLEY!" I screamed out once again, running and grabbing her shoulders, forcing her to look at me.

"Excuse me sir get off my wife!" A man grabbed me, shoving me backwards off the startled lady.

"Oh, uh sorry."

"Stupid young boys.." The man mumbled as he and his wife boarded the bus. After checking the windows desperately for Ashley I turned and began running again. My feet stopped as I reached a small street where I heard sobs. Heaven knows how I heard them through the down pour of rain. I whipped my head to the side, just down the road stood a trembling figure, all alone, slowly making their way down the abandoned street. My hair stuck to my forehead as I ran towards her.

"Ashley." I spoke, she jumped, turning quickly to look at me. We stood in silence, at least a meter separating us.

"Are you going to t-tell me now?" She asked, her eyes wide. A strand of hair stuck to her cheek, her lips quivering, small raindrops racing down her beautiful face. She sighed. "Didn't think so." She mumbled before turning to leave.

"I LOVE YOU ASHLEY." The words fell out of my mouth before I could catch them. She froze. "I love you okay." I sighed, blinking as water drops collected in my eyelashes. "Not as friends. I love you so much more than that Ashley. I. Love. You." My arms hung limp at my sides as I spoke, my voice felt weak, life it would break any second. "I love you." I whispered a final time, staring at her back.