87

I watched as he descended down the stairs, a look of pure shock on him. I felt at ease then. Why should I be nervous at confessing when I know for sure that you'll love me back? A grin made its way onto my face. It felt like something was going right for once. 

Although, I couldn't say the same for Shu. I read the letters. He has zero belief that I am interested in him. To be honest, so did I before I read his letters. Shu probably thought that I was here to reject him. 

How wrong he was. 

"Ha!" I laughed, slapping his shoulder gently as Shu neared me. The look on his face was priceless. "Your face is hilarious!"

He watched as I laughed even harder before calming down and wiping tears out of the corner of my eyes. "Valt. Why are you here?"

"Why wouldn't I be?" I grinned.

"Because today is a Tuesday and you should be at school?" Shu reasoned. I only laughed again before grabbing his hand. 

"C'mon, lighten up," my heart bursted with happiness as I continued dragging me. "I need to tell you something."

I dragged him to this nearby park about three houses down the road. Like everything in America, the park was huge. It didn't have a playground but rather a pond with lilies and a veranda with white poles lacing with vines. I pulled Shu to the veranda, the grin on my face never leaving.

"Sit down," I patted the spot next to me on an oak bench. He obeyed and sat down, and turned to face me. Sadness swirled in his eyes.

"You don't have to look so happy when you reject me," he rolled his eyes. "You could've just texted me, you know."

"I can't text you something I want to give to you," I said. I opened the flap of the brown satchel across my shoulder. The stack of my letters in my hands. 

"So, you came halfway across the world just to give me my own letters back?" Shu raised his eyebrows. I laughed. He was so clueless. It feels weird not being the clueless one. 

"Silly, they're not yours," I chuckled. Shu frowned in confusion, and I could sense the gears in his mind whirring as he tried to solve this puzzle. I gave the letters to him, all bound together with a blue string.

"Whose are they, then?" the albino questioned me, his confusion only growing.

"They're mine."

---------------------

REMEMBER...VOTE...COMMENT...SHARE!!!

Word count: 419