24

It was 5:34am in the morning. 

Dawn hadn't broken yet, but a crack of golden light was beginning to tint the night sky lighter. Birds chirped happily, fluttering from the trees that aligned in the garden. All the lights in the Aoi bakery house was off, each member of the family clearly asleep. My hand brushed against the furnished, oak door which I had walked through so many times. The person I love was just behind it.

I don't want to leave you.

But I have to. My parents don't have a choice. They have to come back to America, or they'll be fire. But I really don't want to leave. At first I was glad because I thought I could escape the drama and nobody would really care I was gone. I had only been there for one month. But you cared. 

Beep. 

The horn of the car sliced through my thoughts. I knew it was my dad honking me to hurry up. We had to be at the airport in half an hour. My thumb traced the calligraphy on your envelopes, addressing them to you. There was twenty-four of them in total, all wrapped together by a piece of scarlet string. My thoughts began running with doubt, but eventually I reached the same conclusion I did last night. 

I exhaled aloud before bending down and placing the stack on your doorstep without knocking. I know you would find it when you walked outside. 

"Bye Valt,' I whispered softly, taking a step back. "Be safe."

I walked back to my parent's Ferrari and took a seat on the plush leather in the back. My mother glanced at me in concern, her emerald eyes shimmering with understanding. I'm pretty sure she knows what's going on. She always has a knack for figuring things out, being extremely smart. 

My dad placed a hand on my shoulder. He too, is very clever, but he can't read people as well as my mum can. "It'll be okay, Shu.'

I nodded silently as the engine revved up and we drove away from Valt and towards the airport. 

----------------------

REMEMBER...VOTE...COMMENT...SHARE!!!

Word count: 353