38

Dear Shu,

I'm in shock.

I don't know what to do after what happened today in the afternoon. It was basketball training for Toko, like always. Again, I was lonely. Free came up to me in the break. I smiled, thinking we would have a normal conversation.

He smiled back, that enchanting smile, and we did have a conversation. But it was far from normal. I can recall exactly what he said:

'Valt,' Free said, drinking water. I grinned, eager to have someone who is willing to talk to me. 

'Yeah?'

'Are you single?' he asked, putting the water down. He turned to face me on the bench, and I knew this wasn't a normal question. There was an intent to this. I wasn't sure what, though.

'Of course I am,' I laughed, ignoring the pain of missing you. 'Nobody's asked me out yet.'

'Really?' he looked genuinely surprised. I guess he was used to talking to girls who are taken, before getting them to fall for him. Wait a second- 'How about that white haired person? You guys seem pretty close.'

'We were,' I frowned. How did you know about you, Shu? Does he keep tabs on me? 'But he left to America at the end of last year.'

'You must be heartbroken,' Free said, tilting his head as if pitying me. I bit the inside of my cheek, willing for the tears to stay away, because what he had just said was very much true. 'It's always such a pain when someone close to you leaves.'

I kept silent, too shocked and choked to continue. Why was Free talking to me like this? Why was he bringing back the pain and the tears? Why? Why?

'But, I promise Valt, I will never leave you,' he continued, leaning towards me. I hadn't noticed that he was moving closer. He was so close I could smell the sweat on him, the heat radiating from him. He towered over me, and I tilted back slightly. He let out a small chuckle, amused. His lips were only a few centimeters away from mine. My cheeks began to heat up. What does he want to do? 'Be my boyfriend?'

I haven't answered. I told him he'll have his answer tomorrow and ran away from the gym, grabbing Toko on the way out. I don't know what to say to him tomorrow.

I don't know.

Love,

Valt

-------------------------

REMEMBER...VOTE...COMMENT...SHARE!!!

Word count: 390