43

Dear Shu,

I think it's working.

The reason why I dated Free in the first place, it's working. He's beginning to fill the void you left. Honestly, I don't know if this is a good thing. Because I'm beginning to think about you less and less. It's not exactly forgetting you...and again, you probably have already forgotten me and moved on. It's time I moved on as well.

It's been three weeks. Even Xander seems to accept that we are dating now, although we're still not talking to each other. And then something weird happened in the afternoon. I can still remember it perfectly.

I shot out of my chair happily as the bell rung, signaling the end of the day. Toko and Nika were on camp, which meant I had no annoying sibling to look after. Smiling, I bounced out of the school until I reached my bus stop. Not many people were there, just a business man who looked hella pissed off and a teenager with very thick eyeliner. I went to sit down, but my hand was grabbed my someone else's.

"Chris?" I asked in surprise. I have to admit, I haven't talked to her since she broke up with Free. I scanned her face, the crazy, psycho ex theory coming to mind. I brushed that away. She didn't seem angry. Rather concerned. 

"Valt," she smiled as we both sat down. She gestured to the busy streets. "Your bus is going to come soon, so I'll cut to the chase. Valt, I know you have been hearing this a lot lately, but I don't think dating Free is a good idea."

"And why not?" I asked. "Because you want him back?"

"No, I really don't," she sighed, looking down at her lap. "Because I'm his ex and I know stuff other people can only speculate."

"What stuff is this, exactly?" I questioned, lifting an eyebrow. 

"Valt, he's such a player!" she cried out. The teenager and man gave us dirty looks. She gulped. "Wh-what I meant to say is, he's always dating people and breaking up with him. I was just another number. And so are you. He's a fuckboy and a player. Don't date him."

"Chris, believe it or not, he's changed," I said, not even knowing why I'm defending him. He was just a friend to me, right? "The way he talks to me is proof of that. Besides, that didn't stop you from dating him."

"Because-because I believed he changed as well!" Chris's voice rose. "I was the first girl who he treated differently, and I fell for him and his stupid smile. Did you know he was cheating on me the whole time, going out clubbing every weekend with a fake ID? Valt, wake up, he's probably kissing another pair lips right now. I'm warning you because I know from experience!"

I stood up. I didn't want to her reasoning, even though a very tiny part of me knew she was right. I was still clinging to the thought that I could trust him. I just wanted to get away from everyone. Guess I'll be walking home tonight. Eh, it's not that fair anyways."You're just jealous. I'm going."

But why, Shu? Why did I defend Free so determinedly? Why was I so desperate to keep my relationship with Free that I walked away from Chris? That was so unlike me. 

What's happening?

Love,

Valt

----------------

hopefully this long chapter will make up for the delay of the previous one

REMEMBER...VOTE...COMMENT...SHARE!!!

word count: 572