Chapter 56

Deanna woke up feeling numb on her left shoulder. She smiled the moment she saw Jema, sleeping soundly on her arms. 

She immediately placed a morning kiss on Jema's forehead and whispered "I love you."

Her action made Jema bury herself more on Deanna's body. Deanna smirked then whispered, "I need to go to the bathroom baby..." and peck a kiss on Jema's head. Jema then turned to the other side of the bed.

Deanna smiled and got off the bed. She took her towel on the floor and covered herself before she walked away and went to her room.

As soon as Deanna reached her room, she went to the bathroom for a quick shower. After dressing up, she took their clothes and put it inside the hamper.

She went back to Jema's room and took a fresh pair of shirt and shorts. She noticed that Jema is still fast asleep so she tried her best to smoothly slip the clothes and dress her lady.

After her successful attempt, she heard her stomach growl. She then placed another kiss on Jema's cheek and whispered, "I'll be back love!".

Deanna went to the kitchen and checked the fridge.

"Magandang umaga!" Manang greeted Deanna.

Deanna immediately gave Manang a hug and replied, "Good morning too Manang! I missed you!"

Manang laughed and replied, "Hindi ka pa din nagbabago bata ka. Tulog pa ba si Jema?"

"Yes po, pero gutom na ako..." Deanna responded.

"Oh eh magluluto pa lang ako. Kakagaling ko lang sa palengke eh." Manang said.

"Manang, I want to cook breakfast for Jema.. Just like the old times. Wag na po kayong mag-abala. Just cook for yourself and the rest of the guys here for later." Deanna happily announced.

"Eh saan ba ang tungo ninyo?" Manang asked.

"Sa Cebu po." Deanna replied.

"Oh sya, galingan mo sa pagluluto para mas lalong sumaya ang alaga ko." Manang said.

Deanna nodded and gathered the ingredients for her breakfast surprise.

Manang watched her cook while she fix and restock their kitchen first.

"Buti wala ang bata dito kundi kukulitin ka naman non." Manang said.

"Nang, alam mo namang kailangan yun eh. Ayusin ko muna yung sa amin ni Jema then he can stay with us again." Deanna replied.

"Sabi ko naman kasi sayo wag mong pahirapan ang sarili mo." Manang commented.

"Nakinig naman ako diba manang. Ilang buwan pa nga lang pero hindi ko na kaya. Hindi ko na matiis si Jema." Deanna answered.

Manang smiled and said, "Mahal nyo naman kasi talaga ang isa't isa eh. I'm sure pareho kayong may natutunan sa mga nangyari sa inyo. Kaso, wag mong kalimutan na aminin kay Jema ang lahat, lalong lalo na sa mga kaibigan nyo. Maiintindihan naman nila lahat sa takdang panahon!"

"Pangako po Manang na aayusin ko ang lahat. Ngayon pa ba na okay na ako sa parents ko, lalo na sa parents ni Jema. I just need to make sure I protect Jema at all cost." Deanna replied.

"Mabuti naman. Hindi pa rin ba nahuhuli sino ang mastermind ng aksidente mo?" Manang asked.

"Hindi pa din po eh. Matibay po ang ebidensya na may nag-utos pero bigla po kasing nawala yung nag-iisang witness. Pero yung nakialam ng motor ko nasa kulungan na. Hindi naman po nya kilala ang tunay na may pakana." Deanna explained.