episode 37 the examination test

The gang was currently enjoying their lunch that Ash helped make this time at his insistence, he felt bad that Brock always handles the food by himself and wanted to help. Brock was thankful for the help and allowed him to help, turns out Ash is a pretty good cook but he insists his mom is much better than him.

Ritchie sighed, "That was good..."

"Pika (Sure was...)." Sparky smiled with satisfaction.

"Hey I just realized something." Misty spoke up.

"What's that?" Zack wondered.

"Both Ash and Ritchie haven't won a Gym Badge in a while." She pointed out.

Ritchie squawked at what she said while Ash looked thoughtful, "That's...true, but then again Cinnabar Island is pretty far."

"That's right!" Ritchie said.

"Speaking of which, how are you guys feeling about going to the Cinnabar Gym? I mean this will be your seventh badge." Brock reminded.

Ash sported a serious look at the question, the gym leader there uses Fire-types, so he would need to head to the Pokemon Center there first before he even thinks about battling the man.

"Ash?" Misty called out to the zoned out boy.

"As soon as we get there I'm going to transfer some pokemon to go up against the gym leader since he uses Fire-types." Ash told them.

"Who were you planning on using?" Brock questioned.

"Wartortle, Vaporeon, and Gyarados." Ash said.

"Using all water types, huh?" Zack said.

"What about you Ritchie? You don't have any water-types now that I think about it, but you do have Zippo who can still cause some damage since he's a fire-type. Fire-types are also weak against Ground and Rock-types." Ash told his friend.

Ritchie closed his eyes in thought before speaking, "Can I use Happy against one of his Fire-types?"

Ash nodded, "Bug-types only do ½ worth of damage but Happy is a safe choice, just make sure you don't rush into things."

Ritchie nodded, "Who else?"

"You can try using Shadow, too." Ash suggested.

"Oh yeah, I can use Shadow!" Ritchie smiled.

"Then there you go, you have your team ready. You've been training them, right?" Ash asked.

Ritchie nodded, "Yeah, Zippo and Happy have learned some new moves too."

"Then we have a plan." Ash said.

"So Ash is using all Water-types while Ritchie sticks with Zippo, Happy, and Shadow." Brock thought, "It could work."

Misty nodded in agreement.

"Should be interesting." Zack commented.

"Seeing them battle is always so much fun, isn't it?" Molly said to Tomo.

"It is." Tomo agreed.

Todd then thought of something, "Hey Ash I just thought of something! You should take the Pokemon League Admissions Exam."

"Admissions Exam? What's that?" Misty questioned.

"Its an exam where people are allowed to access into the pokemon League without having to earn Gym Badges." Todd explained.

Ash didn't look so sure about taking the exam, he liked traveling with his friends and family, "I don't know..."

"I say go for it, besides its not like you'll get a bad score." Zack said.