episode 19 battling gastly

After they spend on the port vista for 5 days our heroes has reach to the forest once again

Why do we have to go to Celadon City instead of Saffron City?" Ritchie complained again.

After Ritchie took a look at the map with Brock he noticed that they were passing Saffron City and heading towards Celadon City which made Ritchie mad until Ash explained to him that Sabrina's no ordinary gym leader and that they'll need a ghost pokemon to stand a chance. Besides if they head to Celadon City now they won't have to worry about going later.

"But still..." Ritchie started.

"Ritchie no," Ash sighed out in annoyance, "Sabrina specializes in psychic type pokemon so we need a ghost type if we ever want to stand a chance against her."

"But we have psychic types to! Why don't we just use them against her?" he protested.

"You don't have a psychic type pokemon," Ash reminded, "You have an Umbreon who's a dark type and Butterfree or Happy who's a bug/flying type." He explained.

"So?" Ritchie said not understanding what his cousin was getting at.

In the background Misty face palmed and Brock shook his head, while Molly tilted her head in confusion.

"Ritchie, Umbreon is a dark type and they have an advantage against psychic types but you haven't been training him that much so even if you send him out to battle Sabrina's psychic type pokemon he'd still be taken down." he explained, "Also Happy is a bug/flying type and while its true that it also has the advantage against psychic types because it's a bug type it also has a disadvantage because it's also a flying type which psychic type have an immunity against."

"Oh." Ritchie blinked scratching the back of his head.

"Yeah oh," Ash sighed, "That's why its smarter to skip it for now and head to Celadon City and battle against the gym leader Erika then we'll head to Lavender Town where the ghost pokemon hang out, then we'll go to Saffron City and challenge Sabrina, any more complaints?" he raised a brow.

Ritchie sighed, "I get it now. No more complaints."

Ash gave a warm smiled, "Good."

Misty and Brock sighed, "Glad that's over, I thought they were going to start fighting if they'd continued." Brock said.

"Me to, but I'm glad Ritchie understands why Ash wants to skip Saffron City for now." Misty said.

"Yeah, before we left Vermilion City he told me that we should head to Celadon City then head back and go to Saffron City but he didn't tell me about going to Lavender Town. He must be getting cautious like he was with Lt. Surge." Brock theorized.

Misty nodded, "Can't say that I blame him. I've never met Sabrina before but I've heard all sorts of rumors about her."

"Like what?" Brock raised a brow.

She looked at him seriously, "That she's psychic. And a very dangerous one."

Brock crossed his arms, "That's actually believable. I've heard that some trainers avoid going to Saffron City because they don't want to meet Sabrina."

"Is Sabrina really that scary?" Molly asked.

The two looked at the little girl not sure how to explain it. Her brother and cousin have to challenge Sabrina if they want to get a badge from her.

"Its not that she's scary, but she does scary things." Misty said.

Molly smiled, "Don't worry. Sabrina's not as scary as people think."