episode 7 meeting a long time friend

Yay! We're here!" Molly yelled as she and Teddiursa began running towards Pewter City where Ash will earn his first gym badge.

"Molly! Don't run so fast you'll hurt yourself!" Ash scolded as he walked down the path with his three pokemon still out with Misty following right behind him. Ash decided to use the forest to train his pokemon so that they would be ready for the gym battle at hand and he knew just the pokemon he wanted to use. When Misty asked him which pokemon he was going to use he simply told her "it's a secret." Making her pout at him causing Molly to laugh.

Speaking of which the little girl and her Teddiursa were currently standing on a rock looking at the town, "Wow, there's so many people here." She stared in awe.

"Teddiursa!"

Before the two of them could make any more comments they heard a voice right under them.

"Pewter City is gray," Molly and Teddiursa looked down to the voice and saw that it was a man with a beared wearing shabby clothes sitting below them, "the color of stone this town has always been famous for stone."

The two of them looked at each other them back at the strange man, "Who are you mister?" Molly asked.

"The names Flint and your standing on my merchandise young lady." Flint said. She got off the rock immediately along with her partner, "I'm sorry for stepping on your merchandise mister." She bowed politely her partner following the same example.

"Molly!" a familiar voice called out turning around she saw that it was Ash she ran up to her brother telling him about the 'strange man' she talked to and said she accidently stepped on his merchandise.

"But they just look like normal rocks to me." Misty stated.

Ash bowed polity to the man, "I'm sorry my sister stepped on your merchandise, sir."

The man looked directly at the boy, "Don't see trainers like you anymore. Anyway would you like to buy one?"

He shook his head, "No thank you," he turned to the others, "Let's go to the pokemon center our pokemon need to be checked out before i battle brock." They left the strange man and began walking into the city.

Flint watched them leave but his eyes were still on Ash, he couldn't help but smile at the retreating trainer, "That kid...he might just be the one Brock was waiting for."

Ash and company finally arrived at the center where they saw a boy in front of them who was wearing a blue and yellow hat, a green shirt, jacket, and blue pants with the same shoes as Ash. He also had a Pikachu on his shoulder with wild hair.

Ash stared at the boy very closely and realized he looked very familiar, "Ritchie is that you?"

Said boy turned around and saw the gang, "Ash!" he ran towards them slamming into the boy giving him a greatful hug.

"It is you! How've you been?" Ash asked the boy who finally let go of him.

"Great! I finally started my journey the same as you!" he responded.

"I'm glad," he looked at the Pikachu on the boy's shoulder, "So Pikachu's your starter Pokemon?"

Ritchie rubbed the rodent's head, "Yep! Sparky's my partner!"

"Pika!" the rodent raised its hand giving a peace sign.

"Oh! You got one too that's awesome!"

"That's right, he's my best friend right Pikachu?"

"Pikachu!" it said with a smile.

Ritchie then noticed the other two pokemon that he'd never seen around Kanto before, "Hey Ash who are these pokemon?"

"The one on my left shoulder is Meowstic and this is Luxray." He introduced.

"Meowstic." The cat waved.

"Luxray." The lion tipped its head in greeting.

"Meowstic and Luxray huh?" Ritchie pulled out his pokédex to scan them.

[Meowstic, the Constraint Pokémon. When faced with trouble, Meowstic will raise its ears and create enough Psychic power to demolish a ten-ton truck. Its appearance varies, depending on gender.]

Ritchie and Sparky both whistled in appreciation for the psychic type. He then scanned the next pokemon.

[Luxray, the Gleam Eyes Pokémon. Its eyes can see through anything. It can even spot its prey hiding in the shadows.]

"Wow, what powerful pokemon." Richie commented.

"Pika." His partner agreed.

"Thanks," he noticed that Misty and Molly were staring at them with curious eyes.

"Big brother who's he?" Molly asked tugging on her brother's jacket. Patting the girls head smiled, "Molly, Misty this is Ritchie my Friend."

"F-friend?" Misty was surprised the boy was practically a carbon copy of Ash that it was almost like the twins.

Molly had the opposite reaction, "Yay! I made Another Friend!" she hugged the boy Teddiursa waving at him. He just now noticed the bear pokemon and scanned it.

[Teddiursa, the Little Bear Pokémon. This cute, cuddly Pokémon is easily frightened and frequently licks its paws, which are usually covered with sweet honey.]

"So that's a Teddiursa huh?" he then turned to Molly, "Wait minute, did you just say you have a Friend?"

She nodded, "You're my Friend now."

He was still confused just who is this girl?

"Ritchie," he looked at Ash, "This is Molly Ketchum my little sister and this is Misty she's traveling with us."

"What?!" Ritchie and Sparky yelled in surprise, "Since when did you have a sister? How come you never told me? How old is she? Did Aunt Delia give birth to her?" *CHOP* the boy suddenly found himself being chopped on the head by none other than his cousin Ash. When they were little and Ritchie would start babbling about nonsense or freaking out about something Ash would whack him on the back of the head or he would chop him on the head it didn't really matter what method he used. The boy was rubbing his head muttering how painful it was.

"Have you calmed down?"

Ritchie nodded, "Yeah, I'm good now." He said still rubbing his head.

"Good, now then to answer your questions, first she's been my sister for awhile now, second I couldn't get in touch with you to tell you, third she's 8 years old, fourth no my mom didn't give birth to her because we adopted her due to some unfortunate circumstances." He explained calmly.

Wait, Molly's adopted? She's not related by blood? Misty thought the two of them were blood siblings the whole time. And what did he mean unfortunate circumstances?

"Its nice to meet you Molly." Ritchie bent down to her eye level hugging her back.

"So Ritchie since you're here I'm assuming you've challenged the gym already?" Ash asked.

"No not yet, I was actually on my way to challenge it but then I forgot to sign up for the Indigo League." He said.

"Really? We came here to get our pokemon checked out then I was going to sign up for it."

"Then I'll just wait here with you."

"Alright."