episode 35 prehistoric canyon

As the gang was coming near Grampa Canyon they noticed a bunch of people everywhere carrying backpacks, pickaxes, etc. much to the gang's confusion.

"Hey, what are they doing?" Ritchie wondered looking around.

Ash was looking around himself trying to figure that out when it suddenly hit him, "I think they're searching for fossils."

"Fossils? What for?" Misty wondered.

"Fossils carry a trace or piece of an organism from the past, like a skeleton, shell, or a leaf preserved in the earth." Ash explained.

"I see, their searching for pokemon fossils of pokemon that existed way in the past!" Brock concluded.

"Yep." Ash nodded.

"Sounds awesome! We should look for some, too!" Ritchie said.

"I wanna look for some!" Molly said.

"Me too!" Tomo said.

"Teddiursa (It sounds fun)!" Teddiursa smiled.

"I'm in." Zack was all for it.

"Might be fun." Brock smiled.

"We might get lucky and actually find something." Ash said.

"Then we should definitely do it." Misty said getting excited.

"Well well well if we couldn't find anything I doubt you stupid humans can." A familiar voiced Anger.

Ritchie, Misty, Brock, and Molly frowned as Gary decided to walk over here with that Anger face of his. Tomo and Zack were confused having never met the boy before but they already didn't like him.

"Gary, so you decided to search for some fossils too, huh?" Brock said trying to keep his tone even.

"Yeah, but so far no one's found anything yet. I'm surprised you stupid humans showed up here." Gary said Coldly noticing some new faces, "And you've got more joining the Weak humans." Gary said in Anger

Zack gave him a deadpanned look while Tomo frowned at him, the young boy walked off to find Ash followed closely by Molly who didn't even want to be near Gary right now.

"We're here to see if we can find some too, if we're lucky we might find some fossils." Misty said trying really hard not to hit him with her mallet. Ritchie was glaring hard daggers at Gary the hatred in his eyes visible.

"Good luck with that you and your weak friends will be turned into a oblivion." Gary said coldly.

"You Stupid little-!" Ritchie was cut off when he felt a hand on his shoulder, looking over he saw it was Ash.

"I found us a spot over there, come on." Ash pulled his friend over to where he found something along with his siblings.

Misty, Brock, and Zack wasted no time in following Ash leaving Gary behind and walked away refusing to waste his time with Ash and his friends.

Ash stopped dragging his friend once they arrived at the spot, "Sorry, but it felt like I needed to get you away from Gary Kyurem's descendant."

"I'm glad you did, thanks Ash." Ritchie thanked.

"You're welcome." Ash smiled.

Zack decided to ask, "What's that guys problem anyway, and how do you know each other?"

Tomo wanted to ask too, but he didn't really feel comfortable about asking it so he kept quiet.

Ash and Ritchie looked away, "We'll tell you later, anyway lets go look for some fossils."