episode 23 saffron gym leader battle

Saffron City

In the Saffron City Gym is a woman who's sitting in a chair holding a little girl in her lap. She focuses her blue eyes and sees Ash and the others making their way to Saffron City, but her eyes were more focused on Ash and Molly.

The little girl in her lap started giggling, "Yay! New playmates!" she laughs

Pokemon Center

In the pokemon center a fair skinned boy with dirty blonde hair was sitting in the lobby having arrived at Saffron City not to long ago himself. He had a pokemon by his side with orange fur, black stripes, and cream-colored fur on it tail, muzzle, chest, belly, and tail. The boy was simply eating is food when his eyes glowed red making him halt his movements. The pokemon sensed his friend's change in mood.

"Grow (Boss)?" Growlithe called.

After his eyes turned red again and he began to smile then laugh startling Growlithe, "She's here." He said.

Growlithe tilted his head, "Grow Growlithe (Who's here)?"

The boy leaned back in his chair, "Molly's here, and not just her...the person I trust the most has been taking care of her this whole time is here with her."

Growlithe realized who his trainer was talking about! He was talking about his sister who wasn't in their house after he went back home to see her but found no one there, not even his father.

The boy stood up from the chair and looked down at his friend, "Why don't we stay here for a little while longer buddy, okay?"

Growlithe barked in agreement not complaining at all.

The boy smiled and looked at the sky, "I can't wait to see you again Molly and Ash."

With the Gang

"Its your fault we're lost!" Ritchie yelled.

"My fault?! You looked at the map right along with me! If anyone's to blame for getting us lost its you!" Misty yelled back.

Ash and Brock groaned. They somehow managed to get lost again and these two have been arguing each other because of it. Meanwhile Molly was having a fun conversation with Gastly not paying attention to the bickering Ritchie and Misty.

Ash had just about enough of this, "Will the two of you please knock it-" he stopped talking abruptly having felt there was someone behind him and sure enough there was a little girl with green hair wearing a white dress and hat holding a ball smiling at him. Ritchie and Misty stopped arguing and saw the little girl along with Brock wondering where exactly did she come from. Molly stopped talking with Gastly and stared at the girl her eyes glowing blue for a second then disappeared.

Ash approached the girl, "Hello there, are you here by yourself?"

She merely giggled and ran off taking the others by surprise.

"Hey wait!" Ritchie ran after her prompting Ash and the others to follow him.

"Ritchie slow down! You'll hurt yourself!" Ash yelled.

Ritchie looked back, "Don't worry nothing bad's gonna happ-" he didn't finish his sentence because he lost his footing about to plummet down but Ash caught him just in time and hoisted him back up giving him the "I told you so" look. Following after that little girl was dangerous but it paid off because they could see Saffron City in the distance.

"All right! We're here!" Ritchie said with excitement, "I can't wait to challenge Sabrina!"

Ash stared down at the city, while not feeling as enthusiastic as his friend he was looking forward to it, "Yeah, can't wait for this." Ash said with a frown