episode 11 The Brutal Education

Our heroes are on their way to Vermillion City where Ash and Ritchie will earn their next gym badge needing only five more to enter the Indigo League. But the peaceful walk didn't stay peaceful for long.

"Don't you think your being selfish?" Misty yelled.

"No as a matter of fact I'm not," Ritchie yelled back, "I don't think its fair for you to have Ash pay for your bike because Nurse Joy said she'd repair it for you anyway!"

The others sighed in annoyance. This had been going on for a while now and it was starting to get on their nerves. It started out peaceful until Misty brought up her bike so Ash explained that her traveling with him was only fair seeing as how Luxray sent a Thunderbolt attack at it when they first met. Brock and Molly understood, the older boy seeing it as a sign of Ash being mature and taking responsibility. While Ritchie was mad because Misty kept bringing it up making his friend feel more bad about it than he already does.

And that's how they got to the situation they are now.

"Ash doesn't seem to have a problem with it! You're the only one complaining about it!" Misty growled.

"That's because Ash is too kind for his own good! He's letting you travel with him that should be good enough so stop being so annoying!" Ritchie yelled back.

"WHAT DID YOU SAY?!" she blew up at him prompting both Ash and Brock to step in and intervene before things got worse.

"Alright that's enough calm down Ritchie!" Ash grabbed his friend.

"You to Misty calm down!" Brock held Misty.

The two glared at each other then turned away making everyone sweat-drop.

Ash sighed, "I think we should stop and eat," he suggested, "Maybe getting some food in them will calm them both down."

"Good idea, I'll start setting everything up but I'm gonna need some firewood." Brock said.

"I'll go get it," Ash began walking into the woods, "Wait Ash I'll come with you!" Ritchie followed.

Molly was conflicted. She didn't know if she should go with her brother or stay and help Brock. The older boy smiled at her placing a hand on her head, "Why don't you help me set everything up." He asked.

She smiled, "Okay!"

Misty calmed down finally after Ritchie left with Ash to go find firewood. Maybe. Maybe she was being annoying. Ash was nice enough to let her travel with him as compensation for frying her bike and hasn't made any complaints about it since. Thinking this only made her feel worse.

"You alright Misty?" Brock called out.

She looked over at the breeder, "Huh? Oh, yeah of course I'm okay!" she faked smiled.

Brock frowned, "You know," he said, "If Ash didn't want you travelling with him he would have said so." He informed her.

Misty's eyes grew wide realizing that Brock was right. If he really didn't want her traveling with him he would say so to her face a long time ago. Thinking that made her smile. It showed that Ash didn't really mind having her along just like Brock. He treated her like a real friend, something she appreciates very much. If only there was something she could do for him.

"Your right! But I wish there was something I could do for him. I mean he's letting me travel with him without any complaints. Now I feel horrible for always bringing up my bike. I'm probably making him feel more bad about it," she said.

Brock smiled, "I'm sure Ash doesn't really mind otherwise he would have told you off like Ritchie did."

"Big brothers really nice! He doesn't think bad about Misty at all and I don't either!" Molly suddenly spoke making the two look at her, "Big brothers having so much fun with you guys, you make him smile and laugh a lot. That makes you guys his friends!" she beamed.